SoftII Fat Driver

cooder

Quite versatile I find personally I like the lower gain settings best with bass dialed lower treble higher. There's certainly a lot of doom to be had with voice switch upper position and gobs of gain. Can get a bit too bassy IMO, but that's of course just a matter of taste.
Quite versatile pedal for sure.
My usual thing with laser waterdecal acrylic faceplate, 1776 fx relay. There you go. Taxi please.

p2gzqMb.jpg

S9lqz7s.jpg

npa64j6.jpg

Very nice! Clean build and beautiful artwork.

Am I seeing this right? You grounded the board in one place only?
Cheers.
The pcb is grounded with one wire soldered into the pad to the left of + 9V pad. The relay board has it's own ground wire, I could have taken the ground for relay board of the pcb pad beside in but did it this way. All the grounds are connected only to one point on enclosure to prevent any ground loops. Hope that makes sense.

Looks Great!! Relay switching is a good option! I had my doubts about if it fits well inside the enclosure!!
One question, I have made one of this and I find it with little headroom, noisy at stoner mode and bass knob too muddy. What transistors have you used? Thanks!

Looks Great!! Relay switching is a good option! I had my doubts about if it fits well inside the enclosure!!
One question, I have made one of this and I find it with little headroom, noisy at stoner mode and bass knob too muddy. What transistors have you used? Thanks!
I used PN4393 which are as another Member pointed out the same as MBF4393 just different manufacturer. I do think the circuit is bass heavy as it's modelled on a cranked bass amp sound. I play it with bass dialed down and treble higher, but it certainly leans towards heavy bass freq and doom sounds cranked.

I used PN4393 which are as another Member pointed out the same as MBF4393 just different manufacturer. I do think the circuit is bass heavy as it's modelled on a cranked bass amp sound. I play it with bass dialed down and treble higher, but it certainly leans towards heavy bass freq and doom sounds cranked.

Thanks!!
These words are so helpful for me! I think that I am gonna leave it without changes. Sometimes subjective perception, not being able to compare with the original and insecurities can confuse me . ..

Back