(Solved) 1N34A or Zener?...

Coda

Working on a Univox Super Fuzz build, and I pulled out a small bag labeled 1N43A (from Guitar Pedal Parts). It looks an awful lot like a Zener to me...

5370488A-65E4-4E32-828A-E27C02AD6DBC.jpeg

Last edited:
There was a typo above, it’s .254, not 254. .254 would lean towards Ge, which would mean that this is most likely a 1n34A.

Working on a Univox Super Fuzz build, and I pulled out a small bag labeled 1N43A (from Guitar Pedal Parts). It looks an awful lot like a Zener to me...

View attachment 11011
Looks like the “ge diodes” that Chanzon, Bojack and probably others make. If you look them up, they’re all described as germanium diodes but I’m skeptical. Maybe they are some new production ge diodes, maybe they’re just act a likes. I’ve got a couple bags of those from Chanzon labeled 1n34a as well and they do work and Vf is around what you’d expect from a 1n34a.

Looks like the “ge diodes” that Chanzon, Bojack and probably others make. If you look them up, they’re all described as germanium diodes but I’m skeptical. Maybe they are some new production ge diodes, maybe they’re just act a likes. I’ve got a couple bags of those from Chanzon labeled 1n34a as well and they do work and Vf is around what you’d expect from a 1n34a.
After some research, and some help from the locals, the consensus is that it’s a Schottkey...

Back