Some cheeky builds..

szukalski

Catching up on some build reports so chucking them into a larger thread.. here's a combination of pedals I built whilst waiting for a Tayda order, and those I've gotten through since it came in. Ignore the glare in the photos. Not my forte..

Starting with the one I finished tonight, a Sanguine. Straight-forward build, I thought the graphics came out nicely. Wanted something relaxing for such a laid-back pedal. Sound-wise, it's brutal. I grew up learning metal and shred, but barely play it anymore. Straight away, I got out my Ibanez shred machine and grinned for a long time.. It's a bit of a one-trick pony, but what a trick. Straight onto the pedal board for metal on demand.

sang1.jpg sang2.jpg

Next up, a Phase II. What can I say about this which hasn't been said? Thick and groovy. Did a lot of testing against the Redshift, both are different beasts, the Phase II is definitely present, where-as the Redshift can be almost transparent and much more subtle.

I think the graphics theme is obvious.. the matt black is pretty nice.

phase1.jpg phase2.jpg

What does the "exciter" part add? (no snickering from the peanut gallery.....yes, that means you @Harry Klippton.....) :ROFLMAO:
A touch of excitement..

The manual says one side adds odd-order harmonics, then other side even-order. This goes well with high-gain, not so well for me for lower gain stuff.

This is on my bench at the moment.....now I'm really looking forward to it.
Don't forget it has non-standard FS wiring. The 741 is kinda lo-fi but the pedal didn't benefit from a better opamp. It also steals a lot of high-end once you crank the drive.

Back