DEMO Son of Ben

This post contains an audio or video demo

jjjimi84

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here is my sad duck SOB demo. This is an interesting pre amp/drive and I can certainly see the draw to this pedal. This is one of those tgp flavor of the week pedals that I wanted to try and it really isn’t for me. This happens a lot where I see this huge hype on something and I try it out and I am not a fan. Makes me appreciate this diy scene even more.

4D44E419-A436-46BB-8D56-6777D2787370.jpeg
F458A634-7731-4A65-9672-8865300E827B.jpeg

You are getting some great sounds out of that thing, now I'll have to build one and not be wild about it for a while.

Your duck looks like he's showing the girl of his dreams what he's got and is sad that she's laughing at how freakish it is.

Same case for me. Really had been excited to try, wanted to like it, but just not for me. I double- and triple-checked the bias and it’s bang on where it’s supposed to be but I don’t know… it feels really “brittle” or “stiff” to me. Maybe something else is wrong but otherwise I’m not a huge fan at all…

It was great to me it fully showcased the pedal!
Doing my best bro! I will toss in your package, you can give it a spin.
Same case for me. Really had been excited to try, wanted to like it, but just not for me. I double- and triple-checked the bias and it’s bang on where it’s supposed to be but I don’t know… it feels really “brittle” or “stiff” to me. Maybe something else is wrong but otherwise I’m not a huge fan at all…
Brittle and stiff are waaaay better descriptors than what I used. Scratching a clay pot?!?! Them funny candies make me think weird thoughts.
Does it make me a bad person if I now want to see a @Guardians of the analog version called "Uncle Ben?"
The former boxed rice spokesman?

Just kidding.

Back