Songs with epic tones and feels you like

~nick~

Hey all! What are some great solos/riffs that have moving tone and ability? Share some timestamped goodness!

I'll go first. Sheck this one out(timestamped):

~nick~

I love this tune. Hairs standing up on the back of your neck vibes.

Video Unavailable in my country?! :eek:
If you post the artist and track titles, I can probably youtube search it and get a video?

Also, That Opeth video makes me want to post Gojira - Flying Whales. lol.

The drop starts at 2:27. Got me so excited first time I heard this.

has kind of an odd meter.

Last edited:

peccary

I love so much about Smog/Bill Callahan. I could probably post up a dozen of his songs that hit the mark for me in this way, but I think that Held is a really solid example of his ability to set a mood while being relatively simple. I love that he is so comfortable with sampling and playing with sound and arranging it in kind of odd ways.

Stickman393

Video Unavailable in my country?! :eek:
If you post the artist and track titles, I can probably youtube search it and get a video?

Also, That Opeth video makes me want to post Gojira - Flying Whales. lol.

The drop starts at 2:27. Got me so excited first time I heard this.

has kind of an odd meter.
Yyeeaaaajhhhhh to that!

Shoot, heaviest matter in the universe. Headbang.

~nick~

XD oh my goodness, that fuzz at 3:08 mark sounds like the neighbors trying to start a rusty lawn mower that's lost a gasket and spitting out head bolts out the exhaust. makes me laugh. It's totally uncharacteristic to the rest of the song. That's a gem.

Nostradoomus

XD oh my goodness, that fuzz at 3:08 mark sounds like the neighbors trying to start a rusty lawn mower that's lost a gasket and spitting out head bolts out the exhaust. makes me laugh. It's totally uncharacteristic to the rest of the song. That's a gem.

That’s why I love it. It fits the theme of the lyrics, it’s a lightning bolt!

Reactions: fig

wintercept

Love the Gojira stuff. Heaviest Matter is defiantly one of my faves, and Flying Whales. Pretty much any of their newer (this century) stuff is riff and lick heaven, with amazing production quality.

Feral Feline

No denyin' Edwin Collins' fuzz tone here:

Also digs me sum effex uhprighteous :

Mosley bows some great fuzzed solos over Voodoo Child, too.