Special OD help?

Dan0h

I’ve narrowed down the nasty fizz sound that is causing my Special Od (Dumbloid) pedal to sound like trash. I’m to the point of just pulling the board and reusing the enclosure on a different build but before I trash the dumbloid, thought I would ask the smarter people here for any thoughts. The fizzy goes completely away when I turn the tone knob down to about 8 O’clock, so pretty much all the way down which makes the pedal too dark for my taste. I’ve checked all the components in the area and they all check out. Is there anything I can do? If I were to swap the 20k pot ( I have a 25k in) for like a 12k resistor would that potentially fix the issue if it were a bad pot? And if so how would I wire it as the a resistor has no wiper out. Dumb question, but I appreciate any help as trashing a board seems wrong. Thank you.

Attachments

• 10E7108F-6D12-43E6-8C1B-F1C5B2EA33C3.jpeg
    10E7108F-6D12-43E6-8C1B-F1C5B2EA33C3.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 7
I’ve narrowed down the nasty fizz sound that is causing my Special Od (Dumbloid) pedal to sound like trash. I’m to the point of just pulling the board and reusing the enclosure on a different build but before I trash the dumbloid, thought I would ask the smarter people here for any thoughts. The fizzy goes completely away when I turn the tone knob down to about 8 O’clock, so pretty much all the way down which makes the pedal too dark for my taste. I’ve checked all the components in the area and they all check out. Is there anything I can do? If I were to swap the 20k pot ( I have a 25k in) for like a 12k resistor would that potentially fix the issue if it were a bad pot? And if so how would I wire it as the a resistor has no wiper out. Dumb question, but I appreciate any help as trashing a board seems wrong. Thank you.
The Fizz is part of the Design by fault of this circuit, the Op Amp is where most of it's Distortion comes from.
Members here have modded so there is Extra clipping by adding extra Diodes to the circuit via a toggle switch.
They can also be added to the existing circuit.

Back