Spin FV-1

No ETA yet, there's a manufacturer shortage. I have an order in, so we're just waiting for more to become available.

@PedalPCB Maybe you have no way of knowing, but do you think this is just a temporary shortage, or have you heard rumors of the fv-1 phasing out of production? Hopefully not, i’m just getting into it haha. Just curious if you had any insight.

I was told there was a workers strike at the warehouse that ships them and that the delays would last around 8 - 10 weeks. This was a little over a month ago.

They're still shipping, just not as fast as usual.

I'm surprised that SS hasn't come up with an FV-2. I guess niche products are harder to justify to bean counters...

Keith Barr, one of the people responsible for creating the FV-1, passed away in 2010, and he was also the guy that pioneered the development of the Alesis products prior years. It is unlikely there ever will be an FV-2.

from another post about Keith Barr:

"One of the pleasures of this project has been learning a little about the designer of the FV-1, Keith Barr. He passed away in 2010 and some of his contributions are summarized in this tribute: cofounder of MXR and creator of the Phase 90, founder of Alesis, pioneer in bringing digital recording and then digital reverb to the masses, etc.

The FV-1 was developed and released in the mid-2000s and is responsible for the boom in “boutique” reverb and (along with the PT2399) non-BBD delay pedals, being used by the likes of: Old Blood Noise, Catalinbread, Neunaber, Earthquaker, Red Panda, Keeley, Dr. Scientist, Walrus Audio, etc, etc."

more here:

Back