SpinASM issue

Connjams

Hello,

I am just taking my first steps into fv-1 work and ran into an issue downloading spinASM and while it's a computer issue this still seemed like the best place to ask. After downloading spinASM from spinSemis website I keep getting an error that says I have a side by side configuration error. I looked into it a bit but from what I understood my computer does not have backwards compatibility to use spinASM. If anyone more tech savvy than myself could give some advice on what to do from here, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

For either Mac or PC, the Oracle Java Runtime file set is required.

What kind of PC do you have? And what operating system?

Java is required for SpinCAD, not SpinASM.

SpinASM requires the Visual C++ redistributables but they should be installed by the SpinASM installer.

Are you getting that error when running the installer, or are you able to install, just unable to run SpinASM afterwards?

I don't have any issues with SpinASM on Windows 7, 10, or 11, but I know it doesn't behave properly running on a Mac or Linux OS (running in Wine). Although I've never tried it with a virtual machine on either platform.

Last edited:
I have windows 10 using my microsoft surface just so I can do work on the go. Spin cad I was able to get to work just fine. I am able to run the installer for spinASM it is just after it is downloaded I get an error for side by side configuration when booting up spinASM. When downloading it says its downloading C++ redistributables so I don't imagine that is the issue. Honestly I am at a loss for what it could be.

Thank you for your responses I appreciate it!

Java is required for SpinCAD, not SpinASM.

SpinASM requires the Visual C++ redistributables but they should be installed by the SpinASM installer.
Ah! That's correct. And I stand so corrected. My Win7 machine has all the latest Visual C++ distributables already installed, so I had no issues. I definitely mixed the Java and C++ stuff in my head.

I have windows 10 using my microsoft surface just so I can do work on the go. Spin cad I was able to get to work just fine. I am able to run the installer for spinASM it is just after it is downloaded I get an error for side by side configuration when booting up spinASM. When downloading it says its downloading C++ redistributables so I don't imagine that is the issue. Honestly I am at a loss for what it could be.

Thank you for your responses I appreciate it!

A quick Google search of "windows 10 side by side configuration error" shows this . . . .

Steps to fix the "side-by-side configuration is incorrect" error
  1. Method 1: Re-download the installer file.
  2. Method 2: Reinstall the problematic application.
  3. Method 3: Check your Registry.
  4. Method 4: Install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
  5. Method 5: Perform a System File Checker scan.
Hope this helps.

Cybercow you are the man. I tried doing the system file scanner yesterday but couldn't really parse through the information. I tried downloading C++ redistributable files on my own which I did not try because I thought the installer said it was doing it. Thank you much for your time and helping me with my little tech issue. Happy building!

Back