SpinCAD block information FV-1

MaxDB54

Does anybody here do their own SpinCAD FV-1 programming? I am playing around and able to build some simple FX chains but I am wondering if anyone has a "cheat sheet" on the different FX blocks. Many of them have several connections (dots) that you can tie a net to but there isn't any clear explanation if they're inputs, outputs, controls, etc.

Some don't seem to do anything so a lot of time consuming trial and error. I know...try SpinASM. Yikes!

If Digital Larry is a member here or anyone knows him and uses this forum I think he helped code SpinCAD. What an awesome guy!

I think it is a great program but a description of the FX blocks and their I/O would clear up a lot for writing new programs!

Anyone here have any additional info? I appreciate any help.

Thx!

1594684605175.png

When you hover over a node it says at the bottom of the window what function it is. Took me a while to see that too.
Wow thanks for pointing that out! I am digging the program but felt like I was stuck getting over the node description! Awesome people on this forum! Have you had success with your FX programs?
Thx!

Yes... but I spent a fair amount of time learning how the code works, and typically write it directly without spincad (still plenty to learn). I haven’t fully written a program using spincad and used it without hand modifying. I mainly use it as a reference tool with lots of snippets in one place.

That’s just me though, I think many people have gotten along well with spincad without needing to hand-write code much.

phi1,

Yes I might dig deeper with the hand written code once I become familiar with the GUI stuff after I learn all of the FX.
I just loaded SpinCAD and there it was hidden in plain sight! Thank you for helping me get over a very frustrating hurdle.
It is awesome that there are still people willing to help others in this crazy day and time we're living in.
Have a great week...you just made mine. I'm building FX to help occupy my spare time during this dang virus. Let's hope it's over soon!

Thanks again!

Back