Spirit Box enclosure and Knobs

EGRENIER

Quick question about the spirit box enclosure:

1- I look all over Tayda and couldn't find a pre-drilled 3 knobs in-line box, is that correct... Does it mean drilling it myself is the only way to go ?
2- Knobs spacing, what is the exact distance center to center of the pots ? Looks like 20mm but I'm not sure. I'm considering the Tayda DAVIES 1510 CLONE. They are 19mm at the base, will it fit ?

Tayda DAVIS 1510 CLONW

Many thanks

1. It doesn't look like they have pre-drilled for that config, but you could use their drilling service. I think I've seen a post on here where a bunch of coordinates were posted for several of the PedalPCB pedals.

2. I printed out the drill template and it looks like it's 20mm from center to center. So the 19mm knobs should fit, but if there's any variance in the tolerances of either the drilling or the knobs themselves it might be a tight fit; which could probably be fixed with a bit of filing if need be.

Davies 1510 sound like they'd be pretty crammed together. If you like the look, but want something that easily fits 3-across look at Davies 1611.

The pots on the Spirit Box are spaced 0.8" apart horizontally, the same as the 5 and 6 knob templates.

1510's will fit without any problems as long as your drilling is accurate.

1628044657493.png

The 1510 and its same-look-but-smaller brother "1610" are my favourites along with the Davies 1900.

The 1900 will fit 3 across no problemo. Sometimes I'll mix and match 1510, 1610, & 1900.

1900-h_SPL.jpg

[EDIT: Not 1610, 1611, see my post below]

Last edited:
Davies 1510 sound like they'd be pretty crammed together. If you like the look, but want something that easily fits 3-across look at Davies 1611.

I couldn't find a Davies 1611 on Tayda, KN1611 seems to be similar tho... I did find 1611 elsewhere, but I'd rather put one order in at a single place and other places I found the knobs didn't have great choice for enclosure...

@Feral Feline did you mean Davies 1610 or like @spi motioned the 1611 ?

I used these knobs from LMS. They’re 12.5 mm for size reference

Attachments

• 0F41576B-6F8C-481C-864C-FB312C459556.jpeg
    0F41576B-6F8C-481C-864C-FB312C459556.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
LMS is where I go for pretty knobs.
Stompboxparts is where I go for more standard knobs such as any Davies clones - 1510, 1611, or 1900.
There's a lot of overlap and I like supporting both.

I can't justify the shipping cost for knobs... I took a peek at LMS, and if I was to order 6X1611, a 4.50$ order becomes a 19.50$ total cost.... The thought of paying 15$ shipping for 6 knobs drives me bunker !

Worst thing is that's over USPS, which means it can take a week or a month or .. who knows.

By combining all my orders at one place, I will probably save a lot of dineros...

The spirt box was one of my first builds... drilling that one was pretty easy. It would be a decent one to try your hand at it... take your time it will turn out fine....grab your drill and give her a go!

The spirt box was one of my first builds... drilling that one was pretty easy. It would be a decent one to try your hand at it... take your time it will turn out fine....grab your drill and give her a go!
To be honest, I'm not that worry about the drilling... I have a decent press drill, good quality step bits of different size and length, a weighted vise, etc...

I'm just lazy that's all :)

I can't justify the shipping cost for knobs... I took a peek at LMS, and if I was to order 6X1611, a 4.50$ order becomes a 19.50$ total cost.... The thought of paying 15$ shipping for 6 knobs drives me bunker !

Worst thing is that's over USPS, which means it can take a week or a month or .. who knows.

By combining all my orders at one place, I will probably save a lot of dineros...
Yep, my feeling too, always put stuff in my cart but the shipping to CAN is just too steep, so Ibstick with Tayda knobs (or NextGen if I have other stuff to get).

Iirc the shipping is a flat rate, so it may be worthwhile to wait until you need to order $100+ worth of stuff from LMS

I couldn't find a Davies 1611 on Tayda, KN1611 seems to be similar tho... I did find 1611 elsewhere, but I'd rather put one order in at a single place and other places I found the knobs didn't have great choice for enclosure...

@Feral Feline did you mean Davies 1610 or like @spi motioned the 1611 ?
I just meant the smaller 1510-like version, I don't really know what number they are, just small clones of the 1510.

For example, I'll use clones of the Davies 1510 for volume and gain, and then use the smaller same-style clone for the Bass Mids Treble OR 1900 for Bass Mids Treble. Something like this:

⚫ ⚫
☀︎☀︎☀︎

EDIT: Yes, 1611 is what I think of as the small version of the 1510.

Back