Sproing and two CrackleJacks

kristopher

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
For the last few years I've been using a Belton Brick reverb pedal that I made from GGG. It has been paired with a few other effects, mostly boosts, in a 1590b or bb. The simple Belton reverb has suited my needs. And I found I was using a SHO boost most often with the reverb, and I had them together on my board for most of the year. So, I decided to challenge myself and squeeze together two CrackleJacks, and the Sproing into one enclosure.
I populated and wired and tested each effect, and was pleased. Then crammed it all in to the box. It wasn't until I had the pots and switches in that I realized I hadn't drilled holes for the LEDs. They were drilled between the switches, while the switches were in place. Perhaps thats why the yellow LED is a bit off centre. Obviously I had to go with the stop light colours.
To make it all fit, I wired the reverb as an always on. Because I almost always have it on when I play, and it can be blended out with the only POT in the circuit.
Anyway, I couldn't be more happy. This pedal and my Fuzz Factory/Mercurial 2 in 1 are MY personal Best of the Year. Even with all that spaghetti.
I hope this inspires some of you. Rock On.

Attachments

• photo 1 copy 4.JPG
    photo 1 copy 4.JPG
    370.8 KB · Views: 17
  • photo 3 copy.JPG
    photo 3 copy.JPG
    342.6 KB · Views: 17
  • photo 4 copy.JPG
    photo 4 copy.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 17
Back