Stereophonic Gizmotronic Symphonic Harmonic Perambulator Dual Chorus

Cybercow

After building a PedalPCB "Duo-Phase", I thought to try my hand at a dual-chorus using two "Mini-Me" project boards from GuitarPCB.

Dual-Chorus_2_Guts_Out.jpg

With all the known mods available on this pair of Mini-Me circuits, plus an “LFO Sync” mod, this dual chorus is a delightful motion-wave machine. Based originally from the Small Clone, Barry’s take on this classic chorus circuit does exceedingly well to capture and deliver a good strong chorus effect. The mods just add to the glory.

Dual-Chorus_2_Done_01.jpg
Note the 'subterranean'rate LEDs.

With two complete chorus circuits, this pedal can be wired for:
  1. Mono-In to Mono-Out for the two circuits to work in series.
  2. Mono-In to Stereo-Out (individual L/R mono-outs) for parallel operation.
  3. Stereo-In (individual L/R mono-ins) to Stereo-Out (individual L/R mono-outs) for parallel operation.
  4. Use either circuit by itself.

The mods are as a follows:
  1. Depth Range extender – swaps out C18 with 3 different cap values. (Reaches into flanger territory.)
  2. Rate Range – adds another 2µ2 cap to C21 to cut the Rate (LFO speed) in half.
  3. LFO Rate LED – added this LED subterranean (beneath the waterslide) to have a more subtle rate indicator.
  4. Independent or synchronized LFO toggle to allow different speeds from each chorus circuit. The switch is a custom-wired 4P2T toggle.

Details of the mods (in schematic form) and wiring follow . . . .

Dual-Chorus_2_Gutshot_Done_01.jpg

Mini-Me_2019_Schematic_Modded.png

Below is the LFO Sync-toggle wiring configuration on a 4PDT switch . . . . .
Mini-Me_Dual_Synch_Switch_b.jpg

This is how the Depth Toggle is wired for changing C18 to vary the 'depth' of the chorus (shout out and credit to Ray Wilkinson [Wilkie1] for this mod - I just used 3 options instead of his 4 options, eliminating a rotary switch) . . .
Mini-Me_3_Three-Way_Depth_Mod_Switch_Marked.jpeg

Before I got to this chorus build, I had some practice along the way . . . .
ChorusQuintet_01.jpg

Thanks for looking. Happy building!

I've been waiting for MadBean Touchstones to come back in stock, and I think I might nick this idea.
Also, I really dig your font choice and graphic layouts. Simply elegnat

I've been waiting for MadBean Touchstones to come back in stock, and I think I might nick this idea.
Also, I really dig your font choice and graphic layouts. Simply elegnat
Yup. Same circuit. Several different part IDs between the two PCBs. The GuitarPCB version allows the builder to use an MN3007, MN3207 or V3207.

C15 on the MadBean Touchstone is the one to tap for the depth mod. The rest of the mods are laid out for your building/experimenting pleasure.

Yup. Same circuit. Several different part IDs between the two PCBs. The GuitarPCB version allows the builder to use an MN3007, MN3207 or V3207.

C15 on the MadBean Touchstone is the one to tap for the depth mod. The rest of the mods are laid out for your building/experimenting pleasure.

Ooh, good to know.
Based on your thread, and how similar the LFO/ clock are on the Clone Theory, I just opened my Celeste build and swapped out the 150p. Ended up settling on a 1n. Gets suuuper seasick now, but slower speeds definitely have a flange quality to them. If I do end up doing the DuoClone, I'll probably use rotaries for that cap and the LFO speed

Back