Sunn Model-T Preamp (guitarpcb)

flemming

A while back I was buying something at guitarpcb and saw that they were blowing out the Sunn Model-T preamp boards for ~$2 so I picked one up (I do love me some doom). I don't know why everything on that site has to be labeled "The Best", but I noticed that they released an updated version and changed a few values to match what was in the Coda Effects Black Hole and , and of course that is now "The Best" so I'm not sure how my older version was the "The Best" when there's a new "The Best" and it's different, but I digress. I built mine using the Coda (aka the new "The Best") values. I had this kicking around half finished for a while and since I was getting a bunch of things UV printed for PedalPCB boards, I whipped up something simple inspired by the original control panel and threw it in with my order to AmplifyFun. It's hard not to be sucked into doing the O))) thing with the LED like literally everyone else does, but I avoided the peer pressure :) I'd like to thank @PedalPCB for not putting us through off-board wiring hell. OMG, #neveragain. I'll include the gut shot, though I'm not really proud of how some of those joints on the pots look. I think it sounds about as expected. I need to throw some dirt in front of it and see just how sludgy we can get. It's nice to actually be putting things together after so many months of tinkering around ordering parts, doing graphics, etc. I got three builds done this week and I have a hand full of others on deck that I'm excited to share.
PXL_20220710_201436692.jpg
PXL_20220710_201115405.MP (2).jpg

Looks amazing. Love the art and knob choices.

One of my first builds was the coda black hole. Fun pedal for sure. Might have to plug mine in again it’s been a while.

Man that looks great.... even your gut shot is not bad.. That's why I love pedalpcb.. the layouts and off board wiring is freaking clean... but you made great light of that build for sure.... I think we all need to start making sound clips mandatory...lol

Man that looks great.... even your gut shot is not bad.. That's why I love pedalpcb.. the layouts and off board wiring is freaking clean... but you made great light of that build for sure.... I think we all need to start making sound clips mandatory...lol
The horror is conveniently hidden under the board :) I may throw up a sound clip later today. Using this in combination with a Bellum MKI and a Unicab was doom-a-licious.

Back