Super '64

apierz

This is my third PedalPCB build and the first where I didn't have to come to the forums for help. I just plugged it in and it worked! I love the sound of it, it is definitely going to replace the Son of Ben on my pedalboard as my low wattage amp-in-a-box pedal. I think I may swap the knobs for aged white MXR style knobs but other than that I am happy with how it turned out.

Notes:
Here is the drill template I made for Tayda kits: https://drill.taydakits.com/box-designs/new?public_key=OXhWY2t1NWg1azVHYVB5a3BJMUMrZz09Cg==

It assumes a 3mm led in a bezel like mine, so you might want to adjust hole 2 depending on your preferences.

Also the build guide doesn't specify but the goal of the trim pots is to get a reading of 9V on your multimeter between the drain of each transistor and the negative terminal on the power jack. From what I understand the higher the voltage readings the more headroom the pedal will have.

IMG_2500.jpg IMG_2502 (Large).jpg IMG_2503 (Large).jpg

I think technically you get maximum headroom exactly at 9V. Higher than that and the top of the waveform will clip sooner than the bottom, viceversa if lower.

I think technically you get maximum headroom exactly at 9V. Higher than that and the top of the waveform will clip sooner than the bottom, viceversa if lower.
That makes sense. I was thinking of it like a dying 9V battery lowering the headroom on a pedal but if the 9V measurement is from the drain to ground then what you are saying makes more sense.

I’m under the assumption that power rail is at 18V. What I should’ve said is that you get maximum headroom at Vcc/2. You would get more headroom with a higher Vcc (the opposite of a dying battery!).

Back