Swirl Machine thanks and big shout out to Mr. Fig!

cooder

Finally had all the parts together to complete this super generous gift from Mr Fig. I scored this in one of his fab competitions, he sent it all the way down here very kind, Sir!
Matched set of jfets and the board, all now sounding great and I dig it as alternative to my Mutron phaser, really two different flavours.
Enclosure is Tayda UV printed, yes don't look at it too hard it's the easy as scratched ball silver...

zJ2O2Oi.jpg

R6ZhO0P.jpg

OOzsVdh.jpg

kxdodOG.jpg

seKpcWB.jpg

@cooder - this is next level amazing!

How are you grounding the jacks with this wiring? Is there a metal washer on the input jack and are all jacks attached to the power ground?

Cheers, I ground now by wrapping the wire around the thread of input jack, you can't really see it on photo. So I leave about 20mm of bare wire sticking out from ground lug and wrap that around thread, I clean up the inside of enclosure of any powder coat overspray so it makes good contact when jack is mounted. Hope that makes sense, I can take a detail photo when I do it if you like.
My original method of having the wire extend between the lip of enclosure is fine too I just found that when I pass on a pedal to a friend or sell one, if the new owner looks inside (as they do... curiosity kills the cats...) sometimes they move the ground wire unintentionally away when closing up again.

It's a shame about the frailty of this finish because those colors pop so much on it.
As always, great job inside and out.
I have a build coming where I'll be using isolated jack, will try out this technique for grounding.

Last edited:
Extreme Badassitude! That graphic looks crazy good against the silver. I like the new layout for your soft switch, too.

Back