Switch to change from Silicon to Germanium Diodes in Uber Drive

To set this post up I have built a few Uber Drives aka Boss SD-1 as well as modded real SD-1 which has has 3, see attached picture, asymmetrical clipping diodes. I would like to give the user the option of switching between 2 sets of diodes lets say to keep it easy 3 silicone and 3 germanium. Can I use two ON/ON switches and run D2 to one switch with one silicone on one on and the other on the germanium with D3 with 2 silicone in series on one on and the other on two germanium. I would then just jumper the D1.

If you have other ideas to accomplish the same thing let me know

Attachments

• Schematic.jpg
    Schematic.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 5
Can you draw a quick schematic with your request? It sounds like you can do that, but I need to visualize it.

Yes, you could but rather than jumper D1 just go from anode of D3 to Cathode of D1 with your wire from the switch, don't know that I would use Germaniums though. basically, with that array you would have several symmetrical and asymmetrical options, 1 against one, two against two and two one against two flavors depending on the diodes used, I'd put some LED's in the mix personally

Back