Tayda custom drilled encloures confusion.

Ariel

I'm building a Paragon and |'m considering getting a custom-drilled powder coated enclosure from Tayda. This warning on their ''Tayda Box Tool'' left me wondering, is the values given by PedalPCB already meant for the power coated options or should I add the 0,2mm manually?

Link: https://drill.taydakits.com/box-designs/new?public_key=NFBSSVEzVUdDQ1hNT2ZsNTRVRUpTUT09Cg==

''PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TAKE COORDINATES FROM CENTER OF SIDES IN MILLIMETERS. PLEASE ADD 0.2MM TO DIAMETER HOLES FOR POWDER COATING THICKNESS. FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU NEED 8MM DIA HOLE, PLEASE INPUT 8.20.''

Also, about the LED holes. I really dig the look of it without any plastic or metal rings around it. However, it it completely dependent of a precise drilling and a good finish around it. Will the custom drill service deliver that kind of quality?

Honestly, I have yet to use Tayda's drill service. Based on what I'm seeing with the measurements, it looks like the sizing is already set for powder coated enclosures. Most enclosures are powder coated anyways. Could be wrong though. :p

The predrilled enclosures factor this in. If you do one with your own hole pattern, you’ll need to add it manually.

Back