Tayda Electronics - shipping

xixaro

Hello,

sharing with you, what perhaps many of you know already.

Tayda is only shipping to Europe using DHL Express, $12.
So, I procured myself about $30 in parts...
Tayda shipped the package.
DHL Customs, in Thailand, contacted me to pay them a $28 fee for customs.

I searched why, and, since July 2021, anything coming from abroad Europe, using DHL, with a value above €22, will pay VAT, fees, (...), at departure.

Good luck

Hello,

I searched why, and, since July 2021, anything coming from abroad Europe, using DHL, with a value above €22, will pay VAT, fees, (...), at departure.

Good luck
It was the same in Canada, cost me 65$ Total for one enclosure after getting charged more for the customs fee then i payed for the item+shipping :(
Hoping they get the cheap 2.99 shipping option back rather then just the express option for Canadian shipping.

Hello,

Good luck
Do you also have to pay customs in your country then or just once for DHL Customs in Thailand? I am from Europe too and I am about to order stuff for over 200€ 😅😬

What kind of math is behind this? Tax - 23%, customs - less than tax.. so we have 30% of the order value + shipping cost. Nowhere near of the reported fee. Customs agency charges the rest for the service?
I was about to swallow new shipping cost from Tayda but now....

I'm from EU, too. And I'm trying to understand how much I'll pay if I place an order from Tayda, as my usual about 40-50 $ of material.
I contacted Tayda, and they told me that there's new costs of the Registered Mail delivery, and now it costs even more than DHL, so they suspend it, at least for the moment.
Tayda can't calculate the DHL fee.

New rules from the 1st July said that we have to pay VAT even for order over 22 €. But we have to add the fee of DHL.
I still don't know how we can calculate the DHL fee, but it should be something like that:

Tayda order (30 $ + DHL fee: 16 $) + 5% + VAT (20%? it depends from your Country) = about 57,96 $ - 30 $ = 27,96 $ fee.

Again, I'm not sure about the 16 $ and the small perceptual added, but it's something like that. And the VAT is added at the end.
The best thing to do is make bigger orders to save money with the 12 $ of the DHL delivery and to buy just items with very competitive price to compensate all that cost. If we can share the order with some friends.
We have no much choice.

If somebody else want to explain how calculate precisely the DHL fee, please, tell us.

What kind of math is behind this? Tax - 23%, customs - less than tax.. so we have 30% of the order value + shipping cost. Nowhere near of the reported fee. Customs agency charges the rest for the service?
I was about to swallow new shipping cost from Tayda but now....
Indeed it is not very transparent,
I asked the question to DHL customs, I am waiting for their response,
I will then share it here

OK.
I need some math (and French lesson :unsure:).
The total to pay is 25,50 € (about 28$).
25,50 € = 17,50 + 8. But how we can calculate these number?
What's 2,92 €?

PS The description (potentiometers, diodes, inductors) it's because the package it's been open up and check up? Maybe to control if the value declared is right?

I'm confused..
This DHL invoice - where's value of the goods? Where's tax, customs fee, service fee?
As I understand correctly - you've paid 30$ for the parts, 13$ (or whatever amount) for the DHL shipping at checkout (still Tayda) and then DHL took additional 28$.
Correct me if I'm wrong but in my mind this should look more or less like:
order value + shipping value = total
customs fee = total x customs tariff
tax = order value x VAT

So..
With 43$ total
customs fee (let's assume 5% customs tariff) = 2.15$
tax (let's assume 23%) = 6.9$
We have 9.05$.

I'm sure there's also service fee. 19$?

Hello,

Good luck
Do you remember the weight of the package (in the Tayda's cart is indicated)? Or the dimension of the package? Box of bag? Maybe all this thing are important to calculate the fee.

Anyway, I think you're said right, Temol, my math early was wrong because I thought it was 30 $ in total, instead it's just the materials.

So, Tayda's order 42 $ + customs fee 28 $ = 70 $.
About 66% increase, and I hope the VAT is included and not to pay it at the delivery, right?

Do you remember the weight of the package (in the Tayda's cart is indicated)? Or the dimension of the package? Box of bag? Maybe all this thing are important to calculate the fee.

Anyway, I think you're said right, Temol, my math early was wrong because I thought it was 30 $ in total, instead it's just the materials.

So, Tayda's order 42 $ + customs fee 28 $ = 70 $.
About 66% increase, and I hope the VAT is included and not to pay it at the delivery, right?
That's insane! If I had to pay those prices I'd be buying commercial pedals
Edit: Do you guys pay income tax as well?

I'm ready to buy a ton of components and painted and drilled enclosures from Tayda for the 10-12 PCBs I have. Now I'm not so sure.

Both of my orders from PedalPCB arrived in 2-3 weeks IIRC and I was charged 25% of the total order value (parts + $15 USPS shipping) at my local post office each time. I guess that covers customs and VAT.

Meanwhile I ordered pots from Stompboxparts a month ago and the package has been in customs limbo in Warsaw for the past 10 days. USPS worked as expected but Polish Mail is taking its sweet time. Thanks to the coupon I won here, my order only cost me $6. Curious to see how much I'll have to pay if and when it gets to me.

It's absolutely insane that shipping is this slow and expensive in 2021 when corporations are free to do whatever they want all over the globe without fees, tax or consequences.

And yes, we pay income tax in Europe on top of VAT.

If we will pay a charge of just 25% I think Tayda could be still competitive. Of course today we pay more than the past, but a lot of stuff on Tayda costs even 50% less than other shops. Maybe with film box caps or some IC we save just a few of cents, so we don't save money buying that stuff, but resistors, pots, green caps, etc, it's still cheap.
The problem is if we pay over 50-60% on the Tayda's order.

I think with big order we can save more money. Tayda itself says: «import tax and DHL import clearance handling fees can be very expensive!! not ideal for small orders». So we can decrease that percentage of charge.

I'm thinking I could have to change my orders method. I can't buy stuff I need for my projects, but buy stuff to stock. I still use to buy the thing I can't find on Tayda or I prefer to buy somewhere else from other shops.

Did somebody think that UPS could be cheaper? Shipping is higher for sure, but maybe the customs fee is more convenient. I don't know.

The truth is - what works when shipping to one country may not be correct for another country of destination. It's best to check it yourself. That's the only way to be sure.. do not look at others experience in this matter. You may be surprised.. positively, or not. If you desperately need some components, price does not usually mater.

The truth is - what works when shipping to one country may not be correct for another country of destination. It's best to check it yourself. That's the only way to be sure.. do not look at others experience in this matter. You may be surprised.. positively, or not. If you desperately need some components, price does not usually mater.
This.

I just placed an order last Sunday with Tayda. I'm in the middle of Europe, but not in the EU. I always calculate the total of my orders to be slightly under the amount that starts to get taxed. This time, I saw that shipping was more than ususal, so I adjusted my order accordingly and it actually arrived within 3 days, on Wednesday, and I did not have to pay anything (no DHL/custom/import/VAT fees).

With my counntry, 65 is the magic number:
Order Total 64 -> taxes 0
Order total 66 -> taxes 25 (as Switzerland first puts a flat rate on top of the ordal total, and then proceeds to tax that new total with all the VAT/import/custom percentages. So yeah, they put a tax on their tax o_O )

How can Tayda mail an enclosure from Bangkok to USA for $2.99??

Last time I mailed an enclosure from Indiana to Minnesota it cost me $4.35. Is it the magic of currency conversion? Or just plain magic?

I used to order from Tayda using their standard 3$ shipping and every time I tried to order for less than the 22€ limit to avoid customs fees.

The problem with using DHL is the fact the price of the shipping service other than the national post is added to the value of the order. If you want to get into the 25$/22€ limit you can spend about 12$ on your order. That is really low. For example, if you order an enclosure with print and drill service you will sadly probably not fit into the limit. And all the fees increase the final price dramatically. Especially the customs processing fees.

It would be still better for me to pay 12$ for shipping via Thailand national post because it would not be added to the total price for customs. I really hope they will add this option back even if it is more expensive.

Actually, today there's no more the limit of the 22 € in Europe for the custom fee. That's one of the problem here.
Because we can't calculate all the DHL fee and taxes, probably I'll use the Thailand Post, under 150 € (at least in Italy) I'll not pay the custom fee, but just the Italy VAT (22%).
In my cart there's 0,54 Kg and about 55 $ of materials, the Thailand delivery is 21,17$, not so cheap, but I know I have to pay just an extra of 22% of the total of my order (material + delivery), and not over.
In the past I'd pay around 55 $, the discount was about the 15%, almost like the Registered Mail delivery, so that's was cost.
Today is very much expensive, but still a bit cheap than order in European shops.
I'm just sorry because I never tried the UV printing service, and I would like to, now I don't know if I'll do it because the costs.

Actually, today there's no more the limit of the 22 € in Europe for the custom fee. That's one of the problem here.
Because we can't calculate all the DHL fee and taxes, probably I'll use the Thailand Post, under 150 € (at least in Italy) I'll not pay the custom fee, but just the Italy VAT (22%).
In my cart there's 0,54 Kg and about 55 $ of materials, the Thailand delivery is 21,17$, not so cheap, but I know I have to pay just an extra of 22% of the total of my order (material + delivery), and not over.
In the past I'd pay around 55 $, the discount was about the 15%, almost like the Registered Mail delivery, so that's was cost.
Today is very much expensive, but still a bit cheap than order in European shops.
I'm just sorry because I never tried the UV printing service, and I would like to, now I don't know if I'll do it because the costs.
You are right. There were some changes in July 2021.
My current package from a few days ago cost me quite a lot. The worst part is the fees to DHL for processing VAT and customs. I paid 0 for customs fees and had to pay import VAT (21% in my country) for the package and shipping cost + processing fees to DHL (20€ !!!).

I used to buy enclosure + printing and drilling for about 20$ with shipping. This was great for prototyping. Now it is like 17$ for goods and 12$ shipping this all times 1.21 and 20€ on top of that. Too much, unfortunately. :(

Back