Tayda Pre-Drilled Enclosures

Why can you not order at tayda? Musikding doesnt even sell drilled and painted enclosures and their prices are much worse than tayda.

Edit: As to the enclosures: damnit, I ordered plain drilled boxes from tayda ONE day before these became available. Next time.

Last edited:
Why can you not order at tayda? Musikding doesnt even sell drilled and painted enclosures and their prices are much worse than tayda.

Yes, they do sell pre-drilled enclosures for their kits, so they should be able to sell them individually too.
I order all my stuff from them so it would be convenient to get the enclosures with the parts.
They have a good customer-relations-management, they offer good service, nice contact and I like to support them.

Whoa this is awesome!

Will there big pre-drilled cases available for the bigger 1590xx boards? e.g. DuoPhase, SuperHeterodyne...

Yes, they do sell pre-drilled enclosures for their kits, so they should be able to sell them individually too.

Yes they sell colored boxes (few) or drilled, but not drilled colored boxes. But I agree they should be able to work something out. I have sent them plans that they drilled according to my instructions. However, they are a bit pricey.

You made it sound like ordering from tayda is somehow more difficult in germany, though, which is not the case.

It would be wonderful to see what all the available colors look like. I just ordered White, Viola Pink, and Glowing Pink sight unseen. if yall are lucky I'll add a pic of those here whenever they arrive (Tayda's order processing and shipping has been hit or miss but I've received the correct parts as ordered)

+1 to enjoying the pre drilled enclosures.
I bought mine before the powder coating was available. Threw my Seahorse in it. Really appreciate how this made completing this pedal go from a possible month long process to just a couple days. Thanks again for offering this!

I would sand those nice, smooth holes down to the bare metal to ensure proper grounding.
-Steve.

I just completed a Cattle Driver, and just before testing I remembered that I hadn't done anything to ensure grounding of the powder coated enclosure. Just before I started to remedy that I thought, WTH, let me check it first. With the DMM set for continuity, I touched various ground points--on the input and output jacks, the 3PDT, the board, and the screw holes in the enclosure, and everything was fine.

BTW, did I miss something, or is there no pre-drilled enclosure for some of the projects? I have an Angry Andy waiting to be housed, and the closest thing seems to be the 5-hole type-1, but that has the hole for the LED at the top, while the pcb and the drill template have it at the bottom. I don't mind drilling my own, just wondering if there is a correct pre-drilled option. TIA

You're correct. There isn't a pre-drilled option for every single project.

We started out with the templates that were most popular (or had the most projects), then hopefully will add more over time.

Back