Tayda to Canada?

Dreamlands

I'm at a month wait now on my Tayda order (looks like it was sent via DHL standard shipping and is now languishing somewhere in Montreal customs) ... I'm thinking that next time I just have it sent to my P.O. box in Washington state and do a border run.

Whatchu guys think? Recommendations? I'm soured on DHL expedited -- and hey, now DHL in general -- so looking for alternatives.

I’m from Victoria and sometimes it’s reasonable and sometimes it’s excruciating haha. Same thing happens if I order from pedalpcb and accidentally use the lowest tier shipping option...always pay the extra couple bucks for priority international!

I always just use the regular, non-DHL version with Tayda. DHL always results in extra duties etc. for me.

@p_wats, Yeah, DHL has an obnoxiously large processing fee for handling duties, at least for their expedited service.
I seem to recall the actual duties are either minimal (~2% ?) or non-existent for electronics parts.

@Nostradoomus I've been to Victoria a few times. Building pedals on Vancouver island sounds way more fun than contemplating a border run to save a few dollars! I may have to follow your lead.

Back