Tayda UV Printing

dmnCrawler

Just sent off an email to Tayda to see about getting a pedal UV printed. I want more detail than what I can do with paint pens and I am interested in the process. I will chronicle how the experience goes for those that are interested, I do not have illustrator so we will see if they accept a file created with Inkscape. Here is what the enclosure should look like when done:
Hydra.png

SYLV9ST9R

It can get pretty detailed. I think your design will come out nicely.

IMG_5896.jpg
Pic looks grainy a bit because I played with it to show the design more, and it has matte gloss.
Pretty satisfied with the finished product. I had 4 enclosure and they all came out great (the other 3 were pretty simple designs), you'll see them later this fall ;)

mjh36

Hey I am wondering, did they accept your file? I ask because I only have photoshop 2020 and I saw they only take illustrator and I'm trying to find a way around it too. Looking to just put a Seahawks logo on a green pedal.

Barry

Hey I am wondering, did they accept your file? I ask because I only have photoshop 2020 and I saw they only take illustrator and I'm trying to find a way around it too. Looking to just put a Seahawks logo on a green pedal.
You might try opening it in Inkscape and converting it, not that familiar with it I'm using Illustrator until I can dump it

ErickPulido

I ask them about Uv print for a 1590XX, but nothing after 3 emails in two weeks, they are not the best at answering emails

ErickPulido

Thanks I'll probably go another route then
I use their service for 125B all the time because I know the link to pay for it, but for a bigger enclosure I bet they upcharge, you can DM if you are going to use 125B or 1590BB, I can send you the link

dmnCrawler

So... its been 8 days since my original post and I figure it is time for an update. All I have is that I have heard nothing back from Tayda. I resent the files once more after 3 days asking for an update and still nothing. I have reworked the files just in case they do not respond if there is something wrong. Those were sent about an hour ago. Hopefully I will hear back about those.

I will keep trying until I get this right. Hopefully I can find a solution that allows me to use Inkscape because I really do not want to have to shell out the money for Illustrator. I mean that is like a pedal a month I won't be able to build. :)

SYLV9ST9R

So... its been 8 days since my original post and I figure it is time for an update. All I have is that I have heard nothing back from Tayda. I resent the files once more after 3 days asking for an update and still nothing. I have reworked the files just in case they do not respond if there is something wrong. Those were sent about an hour ago. Hopefully I will hear back about those.

I will keep trying until I get this right. Hopefully I can find a solution that allows me to use Inkscape because I really do not want to have to shell out the money for Illustrator. I mean that is like a pedal a month I won't be able to build. :)
My experience is that they would respond if something was wrong or had to be fixed. But yeah, sometime email can be long. My last order went fine. If your file is all vectors exported as a pdf, I think (hope) they would accept it.

SYLV9ST9R

Here's something that might be useful for everyone, those are extra steps that were communicated to me by Tayda. Those instructions are for illustrator, but I'm sure you can make it work similarly in Inkscape.

"First we need you to import attachment in this email called "Roland Swatch" (link here) color set to your Adobe Illustrator program, when you import swatch it will look like below image in your Adobe Illustrator screen,
1602759694365.png
Once you import Roland swatch to your system, we want you to paint everything in your white layer or everything that needs to be printed in white color, paint it with "RDG_WHITE" instead of white color, when you do this, things that you painted will look GREYISH color but don't worry, it will all be printed in white color, In UV printing world this is the only way to tell machine use white ink while printing, you need to use this "RDG_WHITE" ink / paint color instead of white. So all white work must be painted with RDG_WHITE instead of WHITE in Adobe.

If you have GLOSS layer, such as GLOSS-V for varnish or GLOSS-M for matte (for clear ink print), same like white layer, you need to select everything in your gloss layer and paint it with "RDG_GLOSS", when you do this, things you selected will get blueish color but no worries, machine will use only clear ink for this layer. Also please remember that, let's say you have red cat only your template that you want to get it printed red and clear ink on top of it to make it look shiny, that means first you need to have this red cat in your color layer to get it printed in red color and then you need to have same cat in your gloss layer with RDG_GLOSS painted to get it printed with clear ink also.

For COLOR layer, there is nothing much you need to do or no need any special coloring. For color layer, only 1 thing is important, let's say you have a round blue moon and you want to put a red cat on it, so red cat is partially overlapping on blue moon, what you will need to do is you will need to remove part of blue moon from back of red cat, it is easy to do using Pathfinder merge function in Adobe Illustrator, first select moon and cat together and then click on merge button under pathfinder function and this will easily remove part of blue moon that overlapping with red cat. So in uv printing world, in color layer, you need to avoid overlapping different color shapes, otherwise machine will get confused.

This is all you need to know about uv printing, once you can do these, you are good to go."

BurntFingers

Hopefully you put white underneath the red otherwise it'll be invisible on the black. Strokes need to be a separate vector too, and text needs to be vectorised/outlined or it won't print.

Here's some I had done at tayda. The quality is high. Colour differentiation could be better but on the whole it's on par with earthquaker etc.

white-9.jpg

SYLV9ST9R

Hopefully you put white underneath the red otherwise it'll be invisible on the black. Strokes need to be a separate vector too, and text needs to be vectorised/outlined or it won't print.
I've checked his pdf file and did some minor mods (mainly separating in the different layers and changing the white "color" as per the instructions in post #11), but all was pretty good (vectorized text, cutting out the part under the white text, etc.)

Also, that pedal is gorgeous, I need to be more out there with my designs!

BurntFingers

On the image above I put text in white first then pink on top, otherwise it wouldn't show up. It looks like a stroke which was the idea but if you just did a stroke I don't think their software would recognise what it's meant to be.

dmnCrawler

Got an update from Tayda.

Hello,

I am so sorry for late reply. Now you don't need to wait for my replies anymore.
You can directly place your order and upload uv template to our system from below link,
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/enclosures/enclosure-uv-printing-service.html

Thank you for choosing us.

Best Regards,
Hugo
Tayda Electronics
www.taydaelectronics.com

Now they will print whatever you send them. Wish I knew this on Thursday when I sent my order. Now I will have to get a few more together to make another order worth while. More to come.

BurntFingers

At long last. I remember talking about this with them a year ago asking if they could streamline the whole thing as it used to incredibly convoluted.

The price had also gone up by $1.50 which isn't insane, and still a damn sight cheaper than getting them done domestically (and better quality).

Basically, good job Tayda. They do a good thing.

SYLV9ST9R

Got an update from Tayda.

Hello,

I am so sorry for late reply. Now you don't need to wait for my replies anymore.
You can directly place your order and upload uv template to our system from below link,
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/enclosures/enclosure-uv-printing-service.html

Thank you for choosing us.

Best Regards,
Hugo
Tayda Electronics
www.taydaelectronics.com

Now they will print whatever you send them. Wish I knew this on Thursday when I sent my order. Now I will have to get a few more together to make another order worth while. More to come.
Saw that too, be sure to read through the instructions on the UV print page, especially the part about colors on a dark enclosure.

SYLV9ST9R

Is it more red than the picture shows? The color looks a bit grainy from up close but from a meter or so I find it looks pretty good. The definition of the graphics looks nice though. Hope you're happy with it.