Tech 21 SansAmp YYZ

Popnfreshbass

I’ll just add that a Sansamp Bass Driver DI, or Sansamp VT bass DI are pretty similar and would also be appreciated.

jeffwhitfield

Got a SansAmp YYZ. By far my favorite bass pedal that I have. Love playing through that thing. Just marvelous sound.

Did you also hear they're upgrading with the release of the MP40? No doubt I'll be buying one. :p

MP40_image_front.png

Bricksnbeatles

Got a SansAmp YYZ. By far my favorite bass pedal that I have. Love playing through that thing. Just marvelous sound.

Did you also hear they're upgrading with the release of the MP40? No doubt I'll be buying one. :p

View attachment 20842
Yup! That one being announced was actually what prompted me to post this to the wishlist, but since there weren’t any demos of it yet I just posted the regular version.

jeffwhitfield

Yup! That one being announced was actually what prompted me to post this to the wishlist, but since there weren’t any demos of it yet I just posted the regular version.
The regular YYZ one is damn good. I'm quite curious as to what the Shape Shifter and boost add to the mix.

dpsnacks

I'm quite curious as to what the Shape Shifter and boost add to the mix.
• Boost / Shape-shifter selectable Boost function deviates from the norm. It provides a 12dB presence boost for increased top-end distortion. Kick in the Shape-shifter button, and get 6dB of Schmegilka on top, which, according to Geddy “is an indefinable thing of awesomeness!”

jeffwhitfield

• Boost / Shape-shifter selectable Boost function deviates from the norm. It provides a 12dB presence boost for increased top-end distortion. Kick in the Shape-shifter button, and get 6dB of Schmegilka on top, which, according to Geddy “is an indefinable thing of awesomeness!”
Shape Shifter sounds like it might be a highly targeted shift in tonal characteristics. A boost of certain frequencies that accentuated the drive or something.

I love the SansAmp preamps! I would love to see this PCB available on here! I know it is available on another site but I live in US and would rather buy from PedalPCB as their prices are listed in USD.

Bricksnbeatles

Just put in a pre-order for the MP40. Turns out it’s a limited edition. Preorders are selling out fast. Got the last one on Reverb I think.
Oh crap, really? I thought it would be pretty widely available. Guess I’m gonna miss this one, just like the Moog Sirin.
Perhaps someone could be persuaded to trace one, so normies such as myself can build their own, sans (pun intended) the fancy graphics