Temporary switch for Dark Rift delay is popping

Svenson007

Hey guys. You’ve been so much help lately! I’m experimenting with a momentary oscillation switch on the dark rift delay. I wired it the same as I did on deep blue delay. Lug 3 of the repeat pot, to lug three on level pot. It works. The thing I can’t stand is there is a pop when the connection is made. So that’s almost all you hear oscillating. I tried messing with a 2.2M resistor between momentary switch lugs…. But I don’t think that actually makes sense….. so it doesn’t help with the pop. I only half know what I’m doing at my level.

Is there a way to dampen the pop?

Ignore the blue wire. That was from screwing up a trace….. :-s

Thanks!

Attachments

• DB2FEAB8-3A9E-42A7-B3BA-B4EE64913EEE.jpeg
    DB2FEAB8-3A9E-42A7-B3BA-B4EE64913EEE.jpeg
    885.7 KB · Views: 17
I just did a similar mod to the Magnetron I just built as prescribed by @Paradox916 in another thread. This was very simply wiring the switch between lug 2 and 3 on the repeats/feedback pot. He included a 20k trimmer, but I omitted. I have not noticed any pops, but def ramps into oscillation pretty quickly. Maybe give that a try and see if it works better for you

I just did a similar mod to the Magnetron I just built as prescribed by @Paradox916 in another thread. This was very simply wiring the switch between lug 2 and 3 on the repeats/feedback pot. He included a 20k trimmer, but I omitted. I have not noticed any pops, but def ramps into oscillation pretty quickly. Maybe give that a try and see if it works better for you
Thanks man! Yeah I did the same mod without a trimmer on a deep blue delay and if doesn’t pop. This one is different so maybe I’ll try the trimmer…. See what it gets me.

Thanks man! Yeah I did the same mod without a trimmer on a deep blue delay and if doesn’t pop. This one is different so maybe I’ll try the trimmer…. See what it gets me.
Hi, I’m about to attempt this on my dark rift. Did you end up adding a trimmer? Also I’ve seen this done on other pedals but using lugs 2&3 of the same pot. Usually feedback/repeat as Diynot said. Do you recommend bridging two pots as in your photo?

Hi, I’m about to attempt this on my dark rift. Did you end up adding a trimmer? Also I’ve seen this done on other pedals but using lugs 2&3 of the same pot. Usually feedback/repeat as Diynot said. Do you recommend bridging two pots as in your photo?
Wondering if you or Svenson007 or anyone else got this to work using lugs 2 & 3 of the Repeats pot?

Back