The Bootlicker (“original” design)

Nostradoomus

This is The Bootlicker. It’s based on the SRS Eq Exciter (which is basically a fuzz face). I used this to cut my teeth on DipTrace and having my own boards pick n’ placed. This was the 2nd revision...always double check your pot orientation :geek:

First go with a Gorva enclosure/knob as well, pretty cool as Gorva is just a hop skip and jump from me so I can get enclosures in a day!

D657E561-0100-4668-89AA-A1A225884AE3.jpeg

1CF03780-E19A-49E7-9A37-91F2C068C3AD.jpeg

Sweet. one of my all time favorite dirt pedals. The filter knob has such a great sweep to it. I want to put it on a treadle. I like what you did with it.

Love it. How was the whole experience of getting it fabricated? I imagine pretty stressful?

It wasn’t too bad. It was relatively inexpensive so I wasn’t super worried. I used JLCPCB...the only thing I would say is irritating about it is getting the footprint in DipTrace to match up with the footprint of JLC’s stock parts. I’ve heard other fab houses aren’t like that but have yet to try another one.

It wasn’t too bad. It was relatively inexpensive so I wasn’t super worried. I used JLCPCB...the only thing I would say is irritating about it is getting the footprint in DipTrace to match up with the footprint of JLC’s stock parts. I’ve heard other fab houses aren’t like that but have yet to try another one.
Thanks for the info. And I look forward to hearing this little monster.

Sweet. one of my all time favorite dirt pedals. The filter knob has such a great sweep to it. I want to put it on a treadle. I like what you did with it.

That actually sounds like a sweet idea! The filter is so extreme, maybe next revision I’ll put an exp jack on it. Though the pot is a B1k, probably wouldn’t be compatible with most exp pedals haha. I’d have to rework the filter circuit to use the more common 50/100k pots. Or seeing as it’s tiny as hell I could just stuff it in a wah shell with a normal B1K pot and wah gear. I’ve got 4 more boards to play around with...and several gutted wahs, hmm!

Did you have to provide any details like X/Y coordinates or angle of rotation for the SMD components? Or just a BOM and Gerber?

Back