The end is near....

PedalPCB

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the end of 2020 is finally here..... man, that was fun wasn't it? 😐

I want to thank everyone for supporting PedalPCB through this extremely tough time. There have been lots of bumps and surprises along the way and everyone has patient and understanding throughout.

If I've ghosted you mid-conversation (or simply not replied to a message or email) I apologize, the past couple weeks have been hectic.

I want to start the new year off right, so I've been trying to wrap up some loose ends:
  • Over the past two weeks the forum, wiki, and main shop site were all moved to new servers to hopefully improve the performance / response times. Build docs are being moved to their own dedicated server to take some of the load off the main site. I'm hoping to give the wiki more attention in 2021, it has the potential of being an excellent source of reference material.

• My development computer got a much needed upgrade so I've been getting all of the data moved around. I also made the decision to completely move away from Adobe during this transition, I'm doing all graphic/publishing tasks with the Affinity Suite now.

• I'm rushing to get all pending build docs finished and uploaded by Friday.

• Several of the older projects are being redesigned because quite frankly they were just ugly and horrible layouts.

• And of course, last but not least, a ton of new projects are in development for early 2021 release. We'll be seeing new original designs (and more Boneyard editions) as well as some utility projects (bypass loopers, AB/Y switches, etc) and more prototyping/troubleshooting tools in the near future.
There is a ton of new things on the horizon for 2021, so I should probably just end this here and get to work. 🤣

Grubb

Not sure all of the good news was worth the heart attack I nearly had because of the title! Thought you might be closing up just as I was getting my teeth into this. 😯😂

HamishR

It's quite remarkable what you have achieved in really quite a short time. You have built a wonderful community on this board which I am sure must help in sales. I hope so! And I really hope this forum remains as friendly and helpful as it is right now. It's rare.

I think it's obvious how much work you have put in so I wish you much success for the new (hopefully much improved) year.

giovanni

And of course, last but not least, a ton of new projects are in development for early 2021 release. We'll be seeing new original designs (and more Boneyard editions) as well as some utility projects (bypass loopers, AB/Y switches, etc) and more prototyping/troubleshooting tools in the near future.
I would love to have a breakout board blender circuit with phase switch. I can use it for bass pedal builds where it’s sometimes useful to blend the clean signal in to preserve the bottom end.
Variations on that could have a filter or a tone control and/or a feedback control. Really the possibilities are endless!

Jbanks

Thanks for all your hard work and prompt shipping. You gave me something to do with all this downtime so I go a little LESS crazy. Much thanks brother 🙌