The end of Mammoth...

bifurcation

Whoa.

It's been an absolute privilege to serve everyone for the past 10 years. We've been able to contribute to so many amazing projects over the years, and have gotten to work with great people in the process.

With a heavy heart, we're writing to tell you that Mammoth Electronics is in final negotiations of being acquired and will no longer continue our current business model beyond Nov. 5th.

Effective immediately, we will not be taking any more orders for parts or enclosures but we will continue to serve our current customers with orders in the queue. All orders currently in our system that are still in the queue will ship no later than November 5th.

Parts orders are currently in a 10 business day lead time. If we are out of stock of any item, customers will be notified and given the option to replace the items in the order or get a refund.

Thank you for everything.

- The Mammoth Team

I think they have been having some issues for a while. But I didn't see that on their site anywhere.

Last edited:
That’s a big loss. Too bad their service was really declining the last several months. Not sure what their future owners have in mind but we shall see. I’m sure the trade tariffs weren’t helping them stay afloat. Just last week they announced they were raising prices on everything due to the tariffs.

From the line “[we] will no longer continue our current business model,” I imagine they’re going to be absorbed by a commercial pedal manufacturer and/or reorganize to cater to outsourced building and mid- to large-sized component and enclosure supplying. Small-volume sales and one offs are almost certainly gone.

Ive had a order in for 10 days...i probably should do a PayPal dispute , ill call first send a email as well..CYA

Mike

powder coated enclosures in fancy colors lol, that’s mainly what I used mammoth for.

besides tayda, do you all use anywhere else for a good selection of colors? I’ve looked at pedal parts plus in the past, a little pricey but looks like high quality.

besides tayda, do you all use anywhere else for a good selection of colors?

Pedal Parts Plus has the best selection of colors, but yes, they're rather expensive compared to Mammoth..... but I suppose that doesn't mean a whole lot at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pedal Parts Plus has the best selection of colors, but yes, they're rather expensive compared to Mammoth..... but I suppose that doesn't mean a whole lot at this point.

PPP is moving away from one off sales/small quantities as well as components. Their minimum enclosure order is 25 units.

Enclosures! They were the only place to get a variety of colors outside of PPP which is out of the reach for regular Joes.

^this. their paint jobs werent great, nor were their prices, but they had a decent variety of colors and generally easy to work with. as far as components, they had a good selection of fets and stuff. but those are going extinct anyway.

I contacted PPP to see if they’d consider returning to selling one offs. They said their main concern is the set up time involved makes it uneconomic. I asked if they could offer a smaller selection of colors in 1590B and 125B so they could build up inventory and sell them one by one and they said they’d talk to ownership and consider it.

I also asked Small Bear if they could buy a small selection of colors (25 pieces each) from PPP to sell one at a time and they said they’d consider it. Hopefully one of those routes opens up at some point for fancier colors than tayda has.

Also, Tayda seems to be very slowly adding new colors to their lineup so check there somewhat often. Most recently they added some matte finishes. I like the new dark gray a lot.

What's wrong with the enclosures that Small Bear already sells? I have procured enclosures from all of the usual sources, but mostly from SB because their prices and color selections are attractive. I was lucky enough to obtain some sparkle enclosures from Mammoth just before they stopped accepting new orders. SB has some chrome-like powder coated enclosures, they look great.

If you want bare aluminum I’ve never been wronged or unimpressed with Daier’s output. They sand and etch well (my Duophase was on a Daier enclosure), can’t speak for how they hold of a few coats of paint as that’s not my jam.

I hate to say it, but good riddance. Over the last 10 years Mammoth has given me nothing but headaches. Probably 75% of my orders were not just wrong, but very wrong. Missing parts, wrong parts, wrong values... it was an epidemic with them.

Sources for the common sizes and colors are easy enough to find, I spent all morning trying to find a painted 1590BBS or 125BB for my Paragon as I have the old board and using the long PCB mount pots it won't fit in a regular 1590BB, found some on Amazon from Gerber Electronics

Back