The Forehead of Security-Archibald

thewintersoldier

I thought about what @Stickman393 said and gave some venting holes just in case. It's not in the build doc and I'm not sure the actual production models have it but it looks cool still. And only took a few mins to do.
l9U8chE.jpeg

Gordo

Those holes make it look badass. Mine doesn't get overly warm but I did think about giving it some ventilation as I was putting it together. I ran it pretty hard on the bench before I boxed it so didn't end up doing it.

I definitely would power it down when with the rest of your board when you walk away from it but that's true of the board in general. This has become a permanent fixture on mine and I'm using it as a low gain boost. Coupled with a Dead End FX's Terrahawk it's just a silly flexible combo.

thewintersoldier

Those holes make it look badass. Mine doesn't get overly warm but I did think about giving it some ventilation as I was putting it together. I ran it pretty hard on the bench before I boxed it so didn't end up doing it.

I definitely would power it down when with the rest of your board when you walk away from it but that's true of the board in general. This has become a permanent fixture on mine and I'm using it as a low gain boost. Coupled with a Dead End FX's Terrahawk it's just a silly flexible combo.
It is really fantastic and is quiet all things considered. I ended up taking an old leftover tube cover and cut the inner spring down and it's also shields the electrolytics from any heat.

jeffwhitfield

Nice build! I just got the Archibald PCB myself. I have a few spare tubes I got to try out in a Maxon RTD800 tube drive pedal I got. None of them worked as well as the default. So, I saved them and figured I could use them in a BK Butler clone. 👍😁