• International Mail Service Disruptions
    A large number of international shipments have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. International shipments may experience longer than normal delivery times.
    Read more…

The Parentheses at low gain settings

Allthumbs

This Rat is even nicer for lower gain than the Informant is, imo. It's less compressed and has a more open, natural tube type distortion. Couple that with the Boost onboard and you get a really nice lower gain situation that drives an amp and provides plenty of low end thump and grind without blurring definition. I find I barely use the Octave setting.

It's just a really great RAT for many different uses, not just balls out Doom

Viehwoider

I got one, too and I love it's doomy sounds. Rat into boost into simple non master volume amp is such a great thing. But I got one "problem": my Boss Fz2 clone from pedalpcb or my univox superfuzz clone from aion electronics are absolutely in the same ball park (especially when the superfuzz goes into a boost an then into the amp... that's just vulgar display of Power).
So they are all as big and mean as it gets. And I did not think having them on my Board at the same time would make any sense. But using the parenthesis for low gain sounds might be the solution. Especially as I did not find "my gritty and big low gain Sound" yet.
I will try as soon as possible.
Which settings do you use?
Cheers Andi

Allthumbs

Sorry, man, overlooked it. I just Dial the gain down to near zero, set the tone and crank the main volume up to get unity and then adjust higher as needed to get a light crunch. Mileage may vary

Allthumbs

Don't forget to set the boost to an appropriate level so you can blast off without getting saturated, just some more volume and added low end harmonics

is good right?

Viehwoider

I love the boost of the Parenthesis... beefs everything up nicely. I run my superfuzz clone into it as well... sounds so much bigger and fatter...
Thanks man, great idea