The Pedal Formerly Known as Chela

Chuck D. Bones

Circuit Wizard
This pedal began life as a Chela (EQD Talons) board, but then I did my thing with it. I'll describe the mods and my reasons for them in the Modifications forum. It does everything the Talons is supposed to do, and then some. Excellent gain range from perfectly clean, to mild break-up, all the way to full-on overdrive. Knobs, pots, case and some of the resistors from Tayda. Aqua LED, jacks, most of the caps and the rest of the resistors from EG. I think there might be a Mammoth pot in there somewhere. NOS red LEDs because, well, who else would do that?!?!?

Chela mod front 02.jpg

chela mod innards 02.jpg

It's a pretty snug fit with three boards in a 125-B. That's right, there's a Charge Pump board in there to supply +18V to the Chela board.

I'm soliciting advice on a name for this pedal. The working name is Earth Faker Suffices Talent Enhancer, but I was informed that name lacked a certain je ne ç'est quoi.

Oh, and I made some caprese too.
Caprese 02.jpg

Well seeing as this pedal is based on the Talons pedal I called my version Claude. Maybe this one could be called Talon Scout? Don Clawleone?

I didn't mind the name you first came up with but it sounded more like something you'd read in a pop-up ad than a pedal name.

Well seeing as this pedal is based on the Talons pedal I called my version Claude. Maybe this one could be called Talon Scout? Don Clawleone?

I didn't mind the name you first came up with but it sounded more like something you'd read in a pop-up ad than a pedal name.
I think I got an name, The Claw or is it The Craw, Max always got it wrong too!!!

Back