The Protoboard Chronicles: “The Fuzz”

Knob shaming? 3 of those knobs there don’t even work!!! 😂

Schematic?

Excited to hear how it sounds! White socks give it the much needed boost!

Reactions: fig
Knob shaming? 3 of those knobs there don’t even work!!! 😂

I was referencing @thewintersoldier and @Harry Klippton and their running gags about me putting 47 knobs on everything…😂

I have a few different values for the Fuzz pot I’m auditioning and a 100/250k volume pot I’m testing as well.

Schematic?

I’ll post up my hand drawn one for. Or I tip I get the TinyCAD file together.

Excited to hear how it sounds! White socks give it the much needed boost!

Me too!

One thing I forgot to mention in the OP was an idea I had that I’m going to test out on this pedal.

Basically, a SPDT DIP switch will route power directly to the rail OR to standard power filtering.

The idea is that having power filtering on when using a battery kind of negates some of the positive aspects of battery use on Fuzz.

Obviously a 1590A can barely fit all components, let alone a battery but I’ve fashioned up these little boxes that I used for power my garland lights for Christmas. Basically a 2.1 mm plug wired to a 9 vDC battery box with an external switch. If you want battery power, you flip the DIP switch to the “Direct” setting and plug the box in.

I plan on shipping one of these boxes with all the giveaways.

Reactions: fig
That paper has just the right amount of faint fold lines and crinkles to give a mad professor vibe. Thanks for posting it. (y)

Back