Thinking about taking a deep dive into digital

Paradox916

Ok guys I have some questions, I think I might what to venture down this off shoot of a rabbit hole.. I want to try and make some stereo ambient soundscape type effects,, shimmer reverb, reverse delays, ethereal pad sounds ect ( or at least see if it’s even within my reach) I have a lot to lean to get there and it looks to me the daisy seed may be my best choice for a high quality stereo FX.
Questions
1: how crazy am I for thinking I have a chance of pulling this off?

2:the daisy seed has dedicated left and right I/Os , are the unused I/O at pins 17 and 19 grounded on the terrarium or can I easily wire up it up for stereo @PedalPCB ( you know me I can’t leave good enough alone 🤷🏻)

3: have any of you seen or used stereo algorithms for the daisy? I figured already compiled programs would be a good place to start.

As usual in over my head and to dumb to be afraid to try.🤣

Last edited:
I just put in an order and totally forgot to add this.

I totally want to figure this out!
Ive already looked up the build doc its super simple should be able to knock that out pretty quick! Then its plugging it up thats where things are going to get interesting!

Ive already looked up the build doc its super simple should be able to knock that out pretty quick! Then its plugging it up thats where things are going to get interesting!
Definitely a straight forward build, I was referring to figuring out how to code it and get to all the cool stuff!

You built one right? How easy was it to get algorithms and put them on the daisy seed?
I still run my old macbook, so it's a bit trickier to install the dev environment as my OS is not compatible with the latest version of Homebrew (and also I'm fairly new to this coding thing). I'm close to running it, but have still some kinks to iron out.
There are a few floating algorithms for the newer seed version (v1.1), but still not that much.
If you have a patch (".bin"), it's super easy transferring it to the seed with the Daisy web programmer. Literally takes a minute.
And yes, the build is super quick and easy.

I still run my old macbook, so it's a bit trickier to install the dev environment as my OS is not compatible with the latest version of Homebrew (and also I'm fairly new to this coding thing). I'm close to running it, but have still some kinks to iron out.
There are a few floating algorithms for the newer seed version (v1.1), but still not that much.
If you have a patch (".bin"), it's super easy transferring it to the seed with the Daisy web programmer. Literally takes a minute.
And yes, the build is super quick and easy.
I’m gonna give it a shot! The Daisy seed can be reprogrammed with a different algorithm anytime you want right?

Reactions: fig
We should all start this at the same time and work on it step-by-step to make sure it gets set up first. Then we should start from the basics and make sure we all understand what's going on. I can absolutely help on the coding side.

We should all start this at the same time and work on it step-by-step to make sure it gets set up first. Then we should start from the basics and make sure we all understand what's going on. I can absolutely help on the coding side.
So today I’m getting solar panels installed but I already have everything out and ready to be soldered together. I’m going to do the board first get that out of the way then move on to coding the Daisy seed! I would and could absolutely use all of your guys help I’m def going to be updating this thread!

There is a button on the module that places it in programming mode. You can drill a small hole in the enclosure cover to depress with a paperclip, remove the lid each time, or buy a remote-sidekick module that eliminates the need. I bought the remote module but never used it. The covers of a lot of my pedals are removed anyway.

There is a button on the module that places it in programming mode. You can drill a small hole in the enclosure cover to depress with a paperclip, remove the lid each time, or buy a remote-sidekick module that eliminates the need. I bought the remote module but never used it. The covers of a lot of my pedals are removed anyway.
Great to know! I think I remember seeing your terrarium in the past have the usb rectangle cut out on the side so you can connect your usb. I think that was a great idea problem being my routing skills are not the best 🤣

Reactions: fig
Back