• International Mail Service Disruptions
    A large number of international shipments have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. International shipments may experience longer than normal delivery times.
    Read more…

This pedal $ is not going well...

MightySmallElectrons

This is mostly my fault but I’m venting because it’s irritating AF.
I ordered some boards last week and didn’t realize that my address wasn’t updated iat PedalPBC. Have made 2 orders since moving so I’m not sure what I did there? Anyways my mail is being forwarded so that shouldn’t have mattered.
Anyways, not that big of a deal since my old apartment is right around the corner.
Tracking says they were delivered to my mailbox last Friday.
Many times things are delivered to the office so I checked there first...lady was all freaked out that any Covid threat was knocking on her door and told me they aren’t taking any deliveries right now...ok.
Happened to catch the Mail person and she checked the box for me but of course it was not there.
She told me to file a lost mail claim and she would try to locate it and deliver in the meantime.
Lost mail says too much time has elapsed since mailing on the 31st.
I guess I’m just supposed to wait and hope it shows up? Anybody have experience with these issues? What’s my best next course of action?
Am I actually going to have to troubleshoot my last failed build and be forced to learn something?
I just want to solder stuff...is that so wrong?

Cybercow

This is mostly my fault but I’m venting because it’s irritating AF.
I ordered some boards last week and didn’t realize that my address wasn’t updated iat PedalPBC. Have made 2 orders since moving so I’m not sure what I did there? Anyways my mail is being forwarded so that shouldn’t have mattered.
Anyways, not that big of a deal since my old apartment is right around the corner.
Tracking says they were delivered to my mailbox last Friday.
Many times things are delivered to the office so I checked there first...lady was all freaked out that any Covid threat was knocking on her door and told me they aren’t taking any deliveries right now...ok.
Happened to catch the Mail person and she checked the box for me but of course it was not there.
She told me to file a lost mail claim and she would try to locate it and deliver in the meantime.
Lost mail says too much time has elapsed since mailing on the 31st.
I guess I’m just supposed to wait and hope it shows up? Anybody have experience with these issues? What’s my best next course of action?
Am I actually going to have to troubleshoot my last failed build and be forced to learn something?
I just want to solder stuff...is that so wrong?
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if you reached out to Robert after a reasonable amount of time that suggests the package is actually lost in the mail, that he would just out-right replace it. Robert is quite the upstanding vendor in this PCB realm and his customer service is exceeded only by his prolific project creation. With as many iron as this man has in the fire, it surprising how well he responds to customer service. And considering he's already ticked your post with a "Like", he's likely aware of your delivery predicament and there's good potential that he has already staged a replacement for your lost order.

And with the current environment, and not updating your mailing address, just add a dash of patience to see what the delivery service discloses in a few more days. It may just take longer for them to catch up. If not, check in with Robert directly and I'd wager you'll be surprised.

zgrav

I understand the frustration of saying "Am I actually going to have to troubleshoot my last failed build and be forced to learn something "

But at least you have something to do in the meantime....

MightySmallElectrons

I understand the frustration of saying "Am I actually going to have to troubleshoot my last failed build and be forced to learn something "

But at least you have something to do in the meantime....
I hope it came across as tongue-in-cheek? I tried to salvage that build but fouled it all up...learned what I already know...
Not the brightest crayon in the box.
And...
Need a solder sucker or at least some braid.
I’ve got plenty of boards waiting for parts around here. Odds are at least 1 will eventually work;)