Tone Vendor mkII Veroboard

NickC

Ok , this is my first try with DIY Layout Creator, I tried to recreate this veroboard from the schematic, do you think this is correct?

I can't post the .diy file if anyone wants it let me know (y)

Update 09/09/2022 tested and working!
for a bias pot just replace the 8.2k resistor with a B25K pot
(red dots are the cuts)

link to build report
tobebender vers2.png

ffffpng.png

Last edited:
Reactions: fig
There's still a lot of overlap of your components.

I've had trouble with the physical build of my layouts where components were merely close, let alone overlapping.
While ICs and resistors are consistent in size, not all caps are — depends on their voltage rating and how they were constructed.

Even with caps of the same voltage rating, one vendor's caps might be short but too squat to sit next to other components, while another vendor has a more friendly skinny-footprint but that's too tall to fit in the enclosure...

There's still a lot of overlap of your components.

I've had trouble with the physical build of my layouts where components were merely close, let alone overlapping.
While ICs and resistors are consistent in size, not all caps are — depends on their voltage rating and how they were constructed.

Even with caps of the same voltage rating, one vendor's caps might be short but too squat to sit next to other components, while another vendor has a more friendly skinny-footprint but that's too tall to fit in the enclosure...
do you mean more space between components? yes, as soon as I have time I will try to populate this veroboard so as to modify the layout perhaps giving more space

Back