Transistor and Diode Binder

Big Monk

My Small Bear order came today so I am embarking on re-testing and sorting all my diodes and transistors and cataloging them.

I’ve been using sheet protectors and a report cover for some time but bought a big 2” binder today and printed off some proper sheets:

0B2CC3D5-E039-422F-BBD4-EDA8C568E0AA.jpeg EA1E269C-F559-4F53-A44B-F8D1D3A9508B.jpeg

I like having things sorted and filed like this as it makes device selection a breeze and gives me an overview of what I have.

How do you guys sort and test your stuff?

The binder is a super smart way to do it. I have similar sheets for transistor information that I've printed on cardstock and cut down to inch and a half squares and then tape the transistor to the non-printed side of it. I just throw them in bags by model number and drawers and boxes by polarity but the bags and boxes get chaotic fast.

IMG_8251(2)Custom-806x605.png

The binder is a super smart way to do it. I have similar sheets for transistor information that I've printed on cardstock and cut down to inch and a half squares and then tape the transistor to the non-printed side of it. I just throw them in bags by model number and drawers and boxes by polarity but the bags and boxes get chaotic fast.

View attachment 16830
One of the nice things about the binder is I can see the entire spread of a single device.

It makes selecting sets very easy.

Back