Transistor Measurement System

phi1

I had my own pcb fabbed for measuring jfets Vp and Idss. I find it extremely convenient compared to setting it up on breadboard, or even a vero build, since I have board mounted DC jack and toggle switch (Vp / Idss switch), and some instructions printed on the board. I the circuit from here (fig 10).

I think an even better pcb version could be made here, including sockets for easily measuring transistor hfe and leakage. PNP and NPN, with just a simple multimeter with micro-amps mode. I've been using the method from smallbear's article.

I think that the documentation would need to be more involved than the typical project here so that people don't have to go hunting for the theory, and the procedure is clearly explained.

There's a circuit in this article - Technology of the Fuzz Face on how to build a circuit to test HFE and leakage. I made a circuit for (Vp/Idss) testing for P and J channel Jfets on perf. I, also, perfed a germanium tester. Can't remember what I did but if I find them, I'll post a photo. I, also, made a couple of opamp testers (just a simple one - turns an led on if it's working / one for single opamps and one for dual opamps).

image_1487714768_19700119_091718.jpg

Here's the JFET tester. A switch for P channel or N channel. And the unlabeled switch is for Idss and Vp and middle position is off. The banana plugs are great with the dmm.

image_1487414765_19700119_091718.jpg

Here's the Germanium transistor tester. NPN and PNP switch. A button for leakage and HFE. Again, the banana plugs.

Back