Trembling loon mods

Diynot

So I have built a few of these from another supplier and I love the circuit, but despise off board wiring 4-6 pots, so I am excited to see one offered with board mount pots and in a 125b enclosure. That said, I really like the double speed mod of adding in another 10u cap in parallel with C7 (in the trembling loon circuit). It’s great to have on a second foot switch. I thought about using a momentary switch for just bursts of speed, but then I decided it would be nice to have the option of momentary AND latching. So my ask is, can you use one of the soft touch relay boards to accomplish this? Also, the other ones I’ve built use an NSL-32 opto coupler. Since I can’t seem to find the GL5516, would it work to use the NSL-32 in this circuit? Are there workalikes? If I do find the GL5516, do I need to shrink wrap tubing the whole affair? Thanks for any advice

So just to make sure I’m thinking this through right, if I want to use the relay board I would tie the Jack in pad to the positive leg of C7, put the extra cap across the inner in/out pads with positive leg on the in, then the Jack out to the negative leg of C7. Does that sound right?

Following up on this. I finished the build as described and unfortunately, did not achieve the desired effect. So after some thought and research, I need some clarification. Does putting the capacitors in parallel SLOW the LFO rate? If I wish to speed up the rate, do I need to connect them in series with one 10uf cap on the effect in/out of the relay board and the other on the signal in so that it returns to ground from the ground pad on c7?

Back