Trembling Loon

peccary

I finished this one up today which felt nice since I haven't completed a build in a few weeks.

@Chuck D. Bones sent me a mini vactrol with a few other goodies and I felt like a tremolo would be a good effect to have so I chose this one (thanks, Dave!).

This was a pretty simple build and it came together nice and easy. I did the graphics in Illustrator and feel pretty good about them. I also play d with the temperature on my oven and am getting better results with the decal as well. I had it in my mind for the last few that I was cooking them at 250 but I dropped it to 200 and that seems to have solved my issues with the grainy images.

I'm not familiar with tremolo pedals and I only had a chance to play this for about 20 minutes today but it seems pretty flexible. It seemed to make my tone very bright, however. That could be just the crummy setup I'm playing with as my test rig, but it got very chimey and ringey when engaged. I'll need to spend some time with it and I also need to get myself a decent guitar practice amp (which I'll likely do in the next few months).

Anyways, I had fun with this and think I'll find it useful when I have more time to play with it. The controls are very interactive so there's a lot to explore here.

IMG_20220219_180403.jpg IMG_20220219_180358.jpg

Looks super nice, man! But I have to ask, why an elephant? Whachu got against aquatic birds?
I was going for the whole pink elephant DT's thing. The elephant is from the Delirium Tremens beer logo. Also, I didn't like any of the bird graphics I was finding so I took it in a different, darker direction 🤣

I was considering putting a light bulb around the rate LED but thought it'd be too much.

Back