Tremolo de Foucault (Pendulum Harmonic Tremolo)

Dali

Maybe my fastest build ever and I was arrogant with myself enough to fully box it with knobs and back screws, without testing it first and you know what? It worked!
:)

1618089639063.png 1618089657193.png

I tried a new kind of paper instead of water slide because I was tired of almost no colors, no yellow or white.

Koala Printable Vinyl Sticker Paper

It worked pretty well but this thing is WAY MORE unforgiving when comes time to apply it.

As for the name, I went from Pendulum => Pendule de Foucault and the inside drawing refer to another book by Umberto Eco: The Name of the Rose.

Maybe my fastest build ever and I was arrogant with myself enough to fully box it with knobs and back screws, without testing it first and you know what? It worked!

View attachment 10928 View attachment 10929

I tried a new kind of paper instead of water slide because I was tired of almost no colors, no yellow or white.

Koala Printable Vinyl Sticker Paper

It worked pretty well but this thing is WAY MORE unforgiving when comes time to apply it.

As for the name, I went from Pendulum => Pendule de Foucault and the inside drawing refer to another book by Umberto Eco: The Name of the Rose.
Nice job! How is the vinyl Unforgiving? Is It you get one shot at the application sort of deal?

If you mean applying it without backing paper, I learned this from a Sign Writer applying Vinyl Graphics.
All my Graphics on my Builds are applied like this:

First, Make sure the Graphic is Cured (Completely Dried)
Cut to Size
Place Graphic exactly in place on the Pedal and as Flat as possible.
Use Low Tack Painters Tape around 20mm wide.
Cut 2 approx. 10mm by 20mm pieces, Place 1 at each end in the middle of the Narrow sides enough to hold the Graphic in Place.
Adjust Graphic to exact position.
Cut a piece of Low Tack Painters Tape approx. 10mm Longer than Graphic on Longest side.
Apply Tape approx. 10mm on the Graphic & 10mm to the Edge of Pedal & Wrap over the side to form a Hinge.
Remove Temporary End pieces of Tape.
Fold back Graphic like an Open Book & carefully remove Adhesive Backing Paper.
Make sure Pedal is free of any form of Debris.
Swing Graphic towards Top of Pedal holding Firmly to around 30 degrees away from Face of pedal.
Carefully slide the Tip of your Finger approx. 5 to 10mm (3/8'' Inch) along the length of Tape & Graphic while still holding Graphic up with other Hand.
I find that now working from one corner of Tape Side with the Tip of your Finger & moving approx. 5 to 10mm on a diagonal to the Edges removes any Creases or Bubbles while still holding the Graphic Firmly & Lowering as you go.
If you now have the Graphic nice and flat, Carefully remove the Tape from one end, pulling it Back as low as possible to avoid lifting Graphic.
Now use the Backing Paper with the Shiny side towards the Graphic to wipe & make sure it is Flat & firmly in place.
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!

Looks great. Does this effect sound different if you cover both the LEDs with insulating tape?

Nice job! How is the vinyl Unforgiving? Is It you get one shot at the application sort of deal?
Yes, it's an adhesive glue that really won't easily be removed to adjust it. So far, all my 3 attempts are good enough for me...

Back