Triangulum Boost Optional Parts

cgreg714

Hey everyone,
I'm planning to tackle the Triangulum on Monday, and just wondering if the optional resistors, diodes, and transistor need to be jumpered, or if the pads can just be left empty without any issues to continuity/functionality. I know that they are leftovers from the original TC Electronics pedal that it is based on, and it looks from the schematic like those parts don't really do much more than ground out. I'm just trying to avoid any problems in advance as I'm REALLY trying to get this build to work once I'm done. Planning on following Jovi Bon Kenobi's workflow as close as humanly possible.

-C

Triangulum Boost

I looked at the schematic and didn't see anything that was denoted "optional".
So I looked at the BOM in the build doc, and didn't see anything "optional".

Are you referring to Q2, R10, D1&D2, and R9?

If so, just leave all those pads empty.

Another option would be to populate those parts, but stick Q2's Leg 1 (as on the schematic) on a SPST and then you could have the option of it in circuit, or not, with a flip of the switch.

Triangulum Boost

I looked at the schematic and didn't see anything that was denoted "optional".
So I looked at the BOM in the build doc, and didn't see anything "optional".

Are you referring to Q2, R10, D1&D2, and R9?

If so, just leave all those pads empty.

Another option would be to populate those parts, but stick Q2's Leg 1 (as on the schematic) on a SPST and then you could have the option of it in circuit, or not, with a flip of the switch.
Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Yes, those five components are what I was referring to as "optional", as they are on page two of the build doc.

Thanks for the response.
Question: What effect, if any, would the inclusion of those five parts, plus an SPST have on the circuit as a whole?
If Q2's leg 1 was attached to a SPST, I assume the other pole on the SPST would then be soldered to the 1 pad on the PCB?

Back