Trimmers and Dip Switches on Frost Drive

Fingolfen

I was digging through the documentation and I did a quick search through the forums, but I didn't see anything explaining the functionality of the dip switches and trimmers on the Frost Drive. Did I miss something, or can someone give me a quick run through?

The dip switches determine the clipping (i.e., 2x1, 2x2, 3x1, or lift). The impedance trim sets the input impedance. The freq trim sets the boost/cut frequency for the TONE knob (i.e., 1.2k to 7.2kHz).

Makes sense - it would be handy to add a diagram to the instructions showing the clipping options vs the positions of the dip switches. Any recommendations on preferred settings??? ;)

On the input impedance - looking at the circuit diagram it basically looks like a variable RPD unless I'm missing something. Is it just basically setting the incoming signal level?

On the input impedance - looking at the circuit diagram it basically looks like a variable RPD unless I'm missing something. Is it just basically setting the incoming signal level?
I am wondering about the Impedance trimmer. What is it at full CCW and CW? Where do I want to set it? Turning CW seems to sound the same but adds hiss/noise so I currently have it full CCW.

Back