Trinity Amps Tweed Deluxe Build

jjjimi84

Here is my fifth amp build and my first ever attempt at really documenting something like this. It took me about 3 times as long to edit the videos then to actually build the amp. I have been looking at Trinity Amps for a VERY long time and last year I built the 18 Watt sIII and really feel in love with it. Last year I hit a major milestone in my personal life and decided to reward myself with this kit, to make things even more challenging I decided I wanted to film a series about it since I love watching videos on amp builds. This whole process started around November 30th when I bought the kit, I received it in January and built modded and finished the final recordings today. This has been a labor of love and I am hoping it gets some pedal builders into amp building.

qoAS63D.jpg

Here is the thumbnail shot
1FAriie.jpg

Wired up power transformer side
CkMVkeX.jpg

Wired up output transformer side
gFL6mbB.jpg

The whole enchilada
yHgl6zu.jpg

The working amp for the final recorded clips in the Mods video
6jJS7yx.jpg

How I recorded this bastard.

Dude, that is fantastic work. You got me pumped about building an amp one day with your link to Trinity in the other thread about amp building. I am determined now that I will at some point in the next couple of years build their B 15 kit.

I look forward to watching your video series when I get some time.

Dude, that is fantastic work. You got me pumped about building an amp one day with your link to Trinity in the other thread about amp building. I am determined now that I will at some point in the next couple of years build their B 15 kit.

I look forward to watching your video series when I get some time.
Thank You! I am blown away by the amp kits they offer, I am debating my next one. The B-15 will someday be built but for right now I am leaning to the Triwatt. I should state I am no way affiliated with them, I just think they kick ass. Same goes for PedalPCB.com, I make videos for the stuff I love and hope other people get into this stuff too.

Side note; my son does think I work for PedalPCB because a lot of my videos are of with Roberts boards.

That looks great! I’ve been eyeing trinity amps for a while now. I don’t know which one I’d choose. I love the idea of building an amp, but haven’t gotten up the courage or finances to pull the trigger

fantastic @jjjimi84 !

How are you liking that Eminence? I have (had) a Red, White, and Blues in the Blues Jr. It had a crispy edge to it, but held the bottom pretty tightly.

For the "Marshall" I am going with a Jensen Special (mainly because I already had one).
The head and speaker cabs are custom made by TRM. I am DIYing the finish and grillcloth, etc.

Again, beautiful work my friend!

I really appreciate all of the kind words and a heart felt thank you to anyone who takes the time to watch these videos. I understand how busy everyone is and how choatic life is, so it means a lot to mean when people watch videos of this idiot rambling on about pedals or amps.

That looks great! I’ve been eyeing trinity amps for a while now. I don’t know which one I’d choose. I love the idea of building an amp, but haven’t gotten up the courage or finances to pull the trigger
I looked at this company for years and lurked on the forum and was originally going to get the Lightning (TC15) and ended up getting the 18 watt sIII and the tweed. I have a feeling the TC15 and the Triwatt and ODS will find there way here, time to start selling some pedals!
fantastic @jjjimi84 !

How are you liking that Eminence? I have (had) a Red, White, and Blues in the Blues Jr. It had a crispy edge to it, but held the bottom pretty tightly.

For the "Marshall" I am going with a Jensen Special (mainly because I already had one).
The head and speaker cabs are custom made by TRM. I am DIYing the finish and grillcloth, etc.

Again, beautiful work my friend!

I love that speaker, I bought it for my Allen Accomplice and it sounded great in there and now it will stay in the tweed until it dies. PLease show us the progress of the finish and grill cloth because that is on my to do list, head cabs.

Reactions: fig
Congrats on the amp, looks great, and on the personal milestone, always a good reason to buy an amp kit. I don’t post much here or on any forum lately, but I had to agree that Trinity Amps are awesome kits and awesome amps.

I’ve built the Triwatt and the OSD. I like the OSD a lot but haven’t quite bonded with it yet. The Triwatt on the other hand is one of my favorite amps. I’m running it with KT66s and it just continuously impresses me. It takes pedals really well too.

Trinity provides great support on the forums, the kits all really good quality, and the build docs are well written and clear. Both of these amps were not easy builds, but really rewarding.

Back