Trinity TC15 build report

Harry Klippton

hey folks, I'm real excited about this! I took my time and worked real carefully on this over the last couple months. I bought this kit last year after seeing @jjjimi84 Dan's tweed deluxe video series. I had wanted a Vox style amp for quite a while and decided to go for it.

The TC15 has an EF86 channel with a 6 position contour rotary switch and a volume control, and a top boost channel with volume, bass, and treble. It has a global cut control and bypassable master volume. I went with a celestion alnico blue for the speaker. All NOS tubes just because I had them except for the rectifier, which is a TAD GZ-34. The power tubes are Soviet 6p14p, telefunken 12ax7s, and a svetlana winged C 6J32p for the EF86, all of which I had gotten before the war, and I had the telefunkens since before the pandemic. The OT has a switchable primary impedance for Vox or Matchless spec. There's also a toggle on the back panel for a gain boost on the top boost channel.

This was my first time working with a turret board or solid core wire. The whole thing went smoothly though and I'm pretty satisfied with how it came out. The logo badge was made by Ampliy Fun. I want to put up some clips but probably not til the weekend when I'm not taking care of my daughter. All of the work on this was done during her naps or after bedtime over the last couple months. Also shout out to Chris @thewintersoldier for cheerleading me on this as I went

signal-2022-03-29-12-31-11-897.jpg signal-2022-03-29-12-31-11-897-1.jpg signal-2022-03-29-12-31-11-897-2.jpg signal-2022-03-29-12-31-11-897-3.jpg

Wow, this is incredible Will. Great work. That faceplate completes it as well!
How does it sound??
I played it yesterday for about 5 minutes for the initial test and about 10 minutes this morning so I haven't explored everything it can do yet, but so far I'm really liking it. It seems to do exactly what I want. It's clean, bright, chimey, and much louder than I was expecting. I've never owned an amp this clean before. I'm dying to crank it and see what it'll do then too

I played it yesterday for about 5 minutes for the initial test and about 10 minutes this morning so I haven't explored everything it can do yet, but so far I'm really liking it. It seems to do exactly what I want. It's clean, bright, chimey, and much louder than I was expecting. I've never owned an amp this clean before. I'm dying to crank it and see what it'll do then too

Get ready to bond with those neck pickups

I picture BM making this face while he types this 🥶🥶🥶View attachment 24618

That's the face of true happiness right there.
I had the privilege of making that face the other day when I held a double-neck for the first time:

uiOrutH.jpg

But again, this is about @Harry Klippton- I hope he gets to make that exact face when he digs into his new amp' some more.

Back