TRS splitter

Yeah, you'd need to cut a trace and jump a ring to a tip though.

EDIT: Well, you could get away without the jumper since TS already shorts the would-be ring to tip.

Reactions: fig
I mean it's nothing super innovative and can be easily done (cheaper?) with cables, but personally I like having these little mini boxes that I can use with standard cables instead of needing anything special.
I have both and prefer a splitter box.

I even built one into one of the many 1590G boxes I bought on sale … twitch twitch.

This EBS cable was the best solution I was able to find when I needed a TRS > TS + TS splitter, but the lack of length options can be a hassle. I like the breakout box option because it allows for custom cable lengths.

Amazon.com: EBS ICY-30 Insert Cable for use w The Billy Sheehan Signature  Drive Pedal : Electronics

Last edited:
I mean it's nothing super innovative and can be easily done (cheaper?) with cables, but personally I like having these little mini boxes that I can use with standard cables instead of needing anything special.
I have two 3 foot hosa TRS breakout cables on my board. I love the pcb mini box especially since I have so much under board space.

This EBS cable was the best solution I was able to find when I needed a TRS > TS + TS splitter, but the lack of length options can be a hassle. I like the breakout box option because it allows for custom cable lengths.

Amazon.com: EBS ICY-30 Insert Cable for use w The Billy Sheehan Signature  Drive Pedal : Electronics
I recall years ago needing something of this sort. Can't recall what it was for.

Reactions: fig
I have a Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail delay with a trs wet insert (Seymour’s verbiage) to put another pedal on the repeats. That was my reason.
Not familiar with that one, I built a bunch of switching devices for buddies on another forum, I'm pretty sure it was an amp or modeler he needed the tip and ring to split to different jacks, can't remember why or what the switch arrangement was.

Back