Tweed Sound

KindCanuck

Full tweed coverage for the enclosure really makes this pedal. Nothing to say about it, super straight forward build and it sounds exactly how you expect. It’s now the first drive in my chain, crunching everything up when I slam it on.

The toughest part was being precise with the tweed, I had never covered anything before, just made repairs to Tolex. I tried a couple different corner types and next time I’ll do some straight edges, the “gift wrap” corners create so much bulk. Any tips out there?

Attachments

• IMG_2540.jpeg
    IMG_2540.jpeg
    929.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2541.jpeg
    IMG_2541.jpeg
    638 KB · Views: 47
I’m going through some mental health stuff lately and building pedals has been so helpful to give me small manageable projects. Some of my new meds are making it easier to attempt the more ambitious ones. Thanks for all the kudos, it means a lot.

Well, maybe you could find a small metal box and saw the corners off, making tiny miniture corner protectors.

Tweeds should have chicken head knobs! Those are more like blonds.....

edited: Nicely done!

I don’t have any chicken heads, and I like the aesthetic of the aluminum knobs, the tweed is a nod to the amp, and the rest is to make it look badass.

I’m going through some mental health stuff lately and building pedals has been so helpful to give me small manageable projects. Some of my new meds are making it easier to attempt the more ambitious ones. Thanks for all the kudos, it means a lot.
same bro same.... it's a good thing to build pedals and not focus on the other stuff we have swirling in there right?

Back