Twill Deluxe LEDs Not Lighting Up And...

joelorigo

Just finished the Tweed Twill Deluxe and it is working but neither of the LED lights are lighting up. And I'm not sure if the 2nd switch is doing anything. Looking at a video of the Les Lies the 2nd channel is subtle but with the LED not coming on I'm not convinced stepping on the switch is doing anything.

Attachments

• inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    895.6 KB · Views: 27
use your DMM to see if you are getting power at the LEDs when the effect is engaged. If you are not, then the problem is likely that you to reverse the wire connections to the LED. if you are not getting power at the LED when the effect is engaged you need to check the parts of the circuit that provide the power to the LED, starting at the PCB connections.

use your DMM to see if you are getting power at the LEDs when the effect is engaged. If you are not, then the problem is likely that you to reverse the wire connections to the LED

How exactly does one do this? (If I check the LED with the DMM they light up when the pedal is not connected to anything - Positive rod to the positive LED lead and negative rod to the negative LED lead.)

if you are not getting power at the LED when the effect is engaged you need to check the parts of the circuit that provide the power to the LED, starting at the PCB connections.

Do you mean that the way the LEDs are soldered to the PCB? Also, does one feed into the other? As ii if the first one isn't working, the second won't?

Just finished the Tweed Twill Deluxe and it is working but neither of the LED lights are lighting up. And I'm not sure if the 2nd switch is doing anything. Looking at a video of the Les Lies the 2nd channel is subtle but with the LED not coming on I'm not convinced stepping on the switch is doing anything.
The knob on the Left is a Master Volume, The Toggle switch selects 3 different Fixed types of Gain!
The knob on the Right only works in controlling the Level of Boost when you switch the Right Footswitch On!

Have you Desoldered and turned those 2 LED's legs 180 degrees?.

I was also bitten recently by 'going by the picture' in the build docs. The LONG lead is the Anode "A", and the short lead is the Cathode "K", don't go by square pad vs circular and don't go by the picture in the off board wiring page of the build docs. Simply put the long lead in the "A" hole. (sounds kinda rude, but... oh well! Ha).

The knob on the Left is a Master Volume, The Toggle switch selects 3 different Fixed types of Gain!
The knob on the Right only works in controlling the Level of Boost when you switch the Right Footswitch On!

Have you Desoldered and turned those 2 LED's legs 180 degrees?.
Thank you. That seem like what it it's doing. Boost seems most pronounced one the center switch

Actually now that I've had time to mess with this pedal, the LEDs are working but I think I might have a bad foot switch. On the boost side, the knob effects the volume/gain regardless of the foot switch position - whether the LED is on or off. And the LED on that side sometimes stays on after pursuing the button. Is a bad foot switch a thing?

if you do not have continuity between 4 and 6, see if you get continuity between 4 and 5 or between 5 and 6 each time you press the switch. if so, the middle row of your footswitch seems to be working.

now test the 1-2-3 and 7-8-9 by seeing if you are getting continuity between 1 and 3, and 7 and 9? (I think that is the same as what you were testing on the PCB)

you can isolate whether the continuity between the red dots, and between the green dots is due to the switch by removing one on the wires from the footswitch for each color and seeing if you still get continuity between the reds and the greens on the pcb, OR see whether you still have continuity between 1 and 3, and 7 and 9 after one wire is removed at the switch from each set.

so -- is the continuity coming from the footswitch or from the PCB?

4 and 5 yes - 5 and 6 no. Press the switch - 4 and 5 no - 5 and 6 yes.

1 and 3 yes - 7 and 9 yes. Press the switch - 1 and 3 yes - 7 and 9 yes.

I will try removing a wire later or tomorrow

Back