Tyrian Distortion my first build

mjh36

20200909_151048_HDR.jpg 20200909_151114_HDR.jpg

This is my very first build and it turned out great for me. A couple struggles but nothing major. First it didn't turn on, but I had simply forgot to insert the TL072 into the sockets because I was so excited to hook it up.

Also, upon finishing, I realized I do not have a wall wart or even the right battery clip cable. I have the dc jack, but I'll use alligator clips for power for a few days lol.

Last edited:
Good work!
I also forgot to put the transistor in its socket on my first build, took me some time to figure out ;)

Nice work on an ambitious build for a newbie!
Thanks man! I ordered two pcb's, I was going to build the more simple Greengage Overdrive first, but after doing the resistors I noticed I had ordered the wrong 1uf capacitor. So while I wait for the part I figured I start on this. Definitely found areas to I need to improve, but it works and doesn't hum or buzz so I'm happy.

Last edited:
Looking great, not the easiest first build choice, you've done excellent there

My first build was a bazz fuzz thought I was king o the hill when it fired right up
Thank you! Ya i had some headaches, like putting the blue LED in took like an hour, tight spaces and all. And you nailed it. It was such an adrenaline rush when I fired it up last night and it worked first try.

Super complex for a first build, and an excellent job done! I started with simple fuzzes and worked my way up. Still get excited every time I fire something up and it actually works first try.

Super complex for a first build, and an excellent job done! I started with simple fuzzes and worked my way up. Still get excited every time I fire something up and it actually works first try.
Thanks man, ya i just went slow, testing every component on the multimeter before putting it in, I wanted to avoid as many problems as possible at the end. The Workflow Basics and everybody's posts here really helped too.

Back