Unison Double Tracker (Stereo Mod)

Jovi Bon Kenobi

Built another one! It's my favorite pedal on this site.
Mods: I wired it in stereo by running a wire from the ring lug of a stereo out jack to the input buffer solder point under the board. Along the wire's path is a 1uf MLCC and 1k resistor in series. The input buffer solder point is pin 1 of IC1, the TL072 in the bottom left. I have a TRS adapter breakout y-cable that allows the tip out to be wet and the ring out to be dry. It sounds glorious!

Rad! Thanks for the note on the stereo output. This build is in my near future and I'll be attempting the same thing.

Also, this are the best faceplate graphics I've seen in these forums.

Rad! Thanks for the note on the stereo output. This build is in my near future and I'll be attempting the same thing.

Also, this are the best faceplate graphics I've seen in these forums.
Thank you very much! As I learn more about the label maker software my skills are improving :geek:

Thank you very much! As I learn more about the label maker software my skills are improving :geek:

You did that graphic with the label maker you mentioned in the other thread? Wow! From the photos it looks like one cohesive decal, but when I zoom in I can faintly see the seems. Very interesting. I may have to look into that as well. ;)

You did that graphic with the label maker you mentioned in the other thread? Wow! From the photos it looks like one cohesive decal, but when I zoom in I can faintly see the seems. Very interesting. I may have to look into that as well. ;)
Thanks! It's time consuming but I really like using the label maker. I now save all my files so it's far less wasteful. Previously, I would just print and adjust the tape until it was sized right. Now I have saved files with the in/out header, the logo footer, knob labels with centered spacing, etc...
I use a straight edge to hold it down and a new razor blade to cut the tapes so they have clean lines. I also find that if you make a border line around whatever you print and cut right on the border it's far less noticable.

FYI, the Y-cable I use is THIS one...

Not THIS one. This one works but it's just the affected signal doubled to two amps, not wet/dry like the first link.

That looks great. I'm really liking the idea of the stereo out mod. I assume it would work with other FV-1 circuits as well.
Yeah, I don't see why not. From what I remember (and can be easily checked) most FV-1s use a pretty similar block diagram, thus this could be applicable to several other pedals.

I really like the stereo mod idea, and am going to complete this pedal in the next few days.

What happens if you plug in a mono plug to the output—doesn’t that ground the input buffer output? Does that create a problem? I understand the resistor is there to limit the current (if the short happens)—but if most of the time I wanted to use this mono, and don’t trust myself to remember to not use a mono plug, does this grounding affect the output? I’m tempted to put in a separate dry out jack (will need to be 1/8th inch to fit).

Back