Upcoming Releases

PedalPCB

Administrator
Staff member
The Soundcloud account has been there a while, but it's just random garbage for the most part.

The Kornifer was really just a joke, but it's what happens when you run the pitch bend mode of the Spillway into distortion.

DGWVI

I haven't fooled around with anything FV-1 based, but would it be a decent platform for synth sounds? I'd be particularly interested in something that could cop the smooth portamento tones of Parasit Studio's Theremin Fuzz that played nicely with a variety of guitar setups

the_grumpy_gnome

I haven't fooled around with anything FV-1 based, but would it be a decent platform for synth sounds? I'd be particularly interested in something that could cop the smooth portamento tones of Parasit Studio's Theremin Fuzz that played nicely with a variety of guitar setups
Yes, FV-1 can do that.

Also, in 95% done with that Parasit build (theremin part only) and looking forward to trying it.

DGWVI

Yes, FV-1 can do that.

Also, in 95% done with that Parasit build (theremin part only) and looking forward to trying it.
It's an awesome circuit, but sadly it doesn't work very well with my my bridge-pickup-only, no-knob guitars. I've been able to hack in some filters at the input, but I could never get the tracking to cover the range I want.

the_grumpy_gnome

Sorry, man. Yeah, most of his stuff works with neck PUs and having the tone rolled down. He uses a filter in the first part of many of his circuits to isolate the fundamental. It's easier to isolate that with the configuration I described above BUT you could also probably get the same effect by running a low pass filter right before the pedal though ;)

Bridge only and no tone sounds like a black metal guitar...

DGWVI

Sorry, man. Yeah, most of his stuff works with neck PUs and having the tone rolled down. He uses a filter in the first part of many of his circuits to isolate the fundamental. It's easier to isolate that with the configuration I described above BUT you could also probably get the same effect by running a low pass filter right before the pedal though ;)

Bridge only and no tone sounds like a black metal guitar...
I've a Squier Bass VI that works well, but then I have to use my least favorite setting on my least favorite guitar. I like to be able to just pickup and make noise, using pedals for any tone changes I want. The best results I've gotten were a passive second order low pass filter strapped to the input, but couldn't get it to track over enough of the fretboard to be satisfactory.

Not much black metal in me these days, just noisy hardcore punk

Attachments

the_grumpy_gnome

I've a Squier Bass VI that works well, but then I have to use my least favorite setting on my least favorite guitar. I like to be able to just pickup and make noise, using pedals for any tone changes I want. The best results I've gotten were a passive second order low pass filter strapped to the input, but couldn't get it to track over enough of the fretboard to be satisfactory.

Not much black metal in me these days, just noisy hardcore punk
Very nice. Did you make these?

reubenreub

Question on the Spillway.... Would adding a clock module to this maybe be a roundabout way to influence the lag of the wet signal? I'm thinking it might be fun to get interesting chorus sounds in addition to the vibrato.

PedalPCB

Administrator
Staff member
Question on the Spillway.... Would adding a clock module to this maybe be a roundabout way to influence the lag of the wet signal? I'm thinking it might be fun to get interesting chorus sounds in addition to the vibrato.
I haven't tried it personally, but the clock module should stretch out the reverb and make it more or less dense.

Unrelated note: almost done with the move and new boards are here. Should be available very soon.