SOLVED Valhalla distortion triumphant!

dbfmixn

Just put together and it’s not my first pedal but my first op amp drive or buffered pedal. The only few deviances are carbon film resistors here or there and approx 150pf subbed for 100pf ceramics because that’s all I had. I did screw up and printed the template not quite full size so I couldn’t squeeze the panel mount jacks and instead used some old school trs switchcraft jacks I had hanging around. I just tied grounds on those because I won’t need switching for batteries. I had a pack of 10 L7812a transistors so I swapped out 1 with no change….I’m stumped please help!?

Just put together and it’s not my first pedal but my first op amp drive or buffered pedal. The only few deviances are carbon film resistors here or there and approx 150pf subbed for 100pf ceramics because that’s all I had. I did screw up and printed the template not quite full size so I couldn’t squeeze the panel mount jacks and instead used some old school trs switchcraft jacks I had hanging around. I just tied grounds on those because I won’t need switching for batteries. I had a pack of 10 L7812a transistors so I swapped out 1 with no change….I’m stumped please help!?
Show us Pictures of PCB & Footswitch & Jack wiring!

It would also help to give us the symptoms. Are you getting sound in bypass? Are you getting any sound when active? If so why do you think it's a dud? Do the controls do anything?

Can you check that your Guitar In & Amp Out cable Jack tip & ring have Continuity with the PCB In and Out pads & Ground pads.
Those TRS jacks can cause problems!!!

So I replaced the trs jacks with mono. I have continuity from guitar to PCB trace. I did have a problem replacing the voltage regulator as the ground lead would not come out of trace hole. So that extra ground wire is improv. I get negative 9v at power input and to positive side of first diode and that’s it. No sound in bypass as I believe this isn’t wired for true bypass

Attachments

• F2E218CD-A26D-4C46-B4C2-A5308094DFA9.jpeg
    F2E218CD-A26D-4C46-B4C2-A5308094DFA9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 61
So I replaced the trs jacks with mono. I have continuity from guitar to PCB trace. I did have a problem replacing the voltage regulator as the ground lead would not come out of trace hole. So that extra ground wire is improv. I get negative 9v at power input and to positive side of first diode and that’s it. No sound in bypass as I believe this isn’t wired for true bypass
Test matching circles for Continuity:
Valhalla Continuity Test.jpg

Transfer diezel faceplate image to vinyl stencil then rubber undercoat. I was gonna peel the vinyl but I liked the look of this plus it hides the imperfections of stencils better

Back