VFE Merman (PPCB Seamonk) Klon Klone

jjjimi84

I have to work all day tomorrow and won't be able to post on Friday like I normally would so I want to get this out into the ether! This is my Merman and one that will never leave my hands. I love the way this one turned out from the build to the painting to the demo and video it really is pretty awesome. This blue was airbrushed on and this was what the choral reef was supposed to look like, once I got that thing sorted out I sprayed this on and painted this guy on there. This painting took some time but turned out great and was worth the effort.

Also I think I finally made a video that I really love, it has a great intro song on it and I try to stay on point the whole time. This is going to be how the next batch of videos are, a quick song with the full band and then a bit of talking and then straight to different sounds. Hope you all dig it, the merman!

f5LN9zzh.jpg

CqBYi33h.jpg

Excellent again thanks for the demo, painted enclosure looks tops!
I still would like to know what pickup configuration you have switched on, confuses me on that Vox guitar. You mentioned it briefly when you switched over, but maybe you can blend that in as text.

Ok, now I just need to make my wife understand why a trip to Wisconsin is of the utmost importance! :ROFLMAO:
But sweetheart we are going to dress up and play guitar together, we are making memories!

I tell my wife that and she just rolls her eyes, another Tuesday.

Excellent again thanks for the demo, painted enclosure looks tops!
I still would like to know what pickup configuration you have switched on, confuses me on that Vox guitar. You mentioned it briefly when you switched over, but maybe you can blend that in as text.
The whole time was p-90, I added it in the video description text, but will start adding it to the video. I switch to single coil just to show of the brightness of the pedal and then go back. I will make a note to include it next time, thanks Stephan!

Not to totally derail this thread but i once told my wife that for Christmas cards one year i wanted to gain like 30 pounds, grow a mullet and a mustache and have her take pictures of me in daisy duke cut off jean shorts with a shotgun and a beer in my hand.

The xmas card said with love from our trailer to yours.

She is a trooper, it got real weird a couple years later….

Great job with the build, the case and the video! The video layout inside the video for the multiple part intro and to illustrate the pedal, the Klon, and the inside of the build are well done. Enjoyed your playing and commentary as well.

Great job with the build, the case and the video! The video layout inside the video for the multiple part intro and to illustrate the pedal, the Klon, and the inside of the build are well done. Enjoyed your playing and commentary as well.

Dude thank you so much! It means a lot to me to hear that, these videos are a labor of love and I want them to get better and be useful to us.

I know it takes time to put that video together, but that can really resonate with people interested in building a pedal. I suspect we all track down a demo or two of a pedal before we build a version of it, and providing folks with a video that also talks about building it is a great fit. Folks would probably appreciate hearing how the attack trimmer on the Merman would change the sound as well, and for other pedals point out the internal trimmers with a quick bit on how to set them would be well received.

I could see having a spot in the forums here and on other build sites that would keep a set of links to your builds. Maybe even include a link on the page with the build doc for boards sold at that site.

I know it takes time to put that video together, but that can really resonate with people interested in building a pedal. I suspect we all track down a demo or two of a pedal before we build a version of it, and providing folks with a video that also talks about building it is a great fit. Folks would probably appreciate hearing how the attack trimmer on the Merman would change the sound as well, and for other pedals point out the internal trimmers with a quick bit on how to set them would be well received.

I could see having a spot in the forums here and on other build sites that would keep a set of links to your builds. Maybe even include a link on the page with the build doc for boards sold at that site.

The only reason I haven’t gone really in depth with the vfe builds is because of what info is already out there between mbp build docs and vfe website. I have about three more left and then I am transitioning towards all of my builds for here where I will talk about the trimpots and some of my build notes from them. I want this to be fun and informational, with a few dick jokes inbetween

Back